Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

September 25th News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 25th News

The "Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I accidentally just took two Allegra, rather than one. I have SO MUCH to do today. I really hope this doesn't make me drowsy!!! Crap!!!!!!!!

Comment

I hope not!
      My fall allergies turned out to be a sinus infection. I took a sudafed and now I'm all loopy.
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

I'm a little tired, but I still feel awful.., so thinking it's not allergies either. I leave for vacation tomorrow 😣

Comment

I know I sound like a total broken record with all this weather talk but I cannot begin to tell you what a difference this cool down the past couple of days has made to my mental health, and physical for that matter since I've been more active without the constant threat of gushing sweat. Uuuuuuugh it feels so goooooooood. Even my dogs are in a better mood. If there's a place on this planet with weather like this year-round I will petition to move there.
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
            I know I sound like a total broken record with all this weather talk but I cannot begin to tell you what a difference this cool down the past couple of days has made to my mental health, and physical for that matter since I've been more active without the constant threat of gushing sweat. Uuuuuuugh it feels so goooooooood. Even my dogs are in a better mood. If there's a place on this planet with weather like this year-round I will petition to move there.
            It's funny because I feel the same way right now. it's warm, and it's NOT RAINING - and hasn't been much, would is just insane for here. I'm so much happier. I'm actually kind of bummed we're leaving tomorrow!

Comment

Wow, it is not my day!!!!! (Besides the fantastic weather).

First, I can't believe I agreed to camp for a night on our trip. The amount of extra crap we need is absurd (not absurd for camping, but absurd for flying. A tent and sleeping bag doesn't exactly fit nicely into my regular luggage).

Then, in addition to feeling like crap.... I stupidly (I thought about how stupid it was before, and while I was doing it) stood on my rolling desk chair to try to grab a stink bug off the wall. It was still too high, I reached, the chair rolled. I guess I jumped off before I really fell, but I think I pulled my oblique. I'm sure this will aggravate my newly on the mend hip injury. I'm so annoyed with myself. I didn't even get the stink bug!!!!

And, even though I took yesterday and today off, I've been spending way too much time working (and I guess now procrastinating) today!

Comment

Just bought $500 worth of dresses online from Nordstrom. Need to decide what to wear to my shower. Haven't spent that much on clothes (in one store in one day) in a long time! DH would freak out if he knew hahaha!

Hopefully I can fit into them, since I ate half a pizza at lunch. Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

On it's worth it!!! Don't worry! You only have your first baby shower once! (Those sprinkles are far less exciting &#128521.

Comment

Check out minefornine.com
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Proof that I am an ass and so is my dog.

Noticed a bunch of cars in my next door neighbors house. This is the awesome neighbor that came to our house after being in it for an hour and offered to buy us lunch for my family and movers! He is also the awesome neighbor that bought us a huge gorgeous poinsettia for Christmas last year. Anyway, noticed that he had a white heart with a black sash on his door. Looked it up and his wife has died.

I am getting to the ass part...because of the coming and going next door, my dog has parked himself by the picture window and has been barking. Wait for it...my ass part is coming. We just got a new roof installed day before yesterday. The roofers told me that said neighbor will need to cut back his humongous tree because this giant tree limb keeps rubbing on our roof. DH was supposed to tell him that last month when we originally set up the work date but has not. Soooo, my assholian thought when I read of the death is "damn, now we can't ask him to cut the tree for a while" followed by wondering how long we go before asking him.
                      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                        I wish I would have known about this a few months ago!

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                          Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna look a little harder at their dresses and see if there is anything I want to try. I know I am interested in coats too, although I am not going into the dead of winter pregnant. Last year, it started snowing here during the second week of December and didn't stop for 3 months.

Comment

Oh and I am thankful for my co-worker bringing me some leftovers from her New Year's dinner last night. Brisket, challah bread, kugel...mmmm.

Comment

We went to take pictures in the wildflowers at City Park, and the fields had been mowed!
                              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                              X