Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

happy new (medical) year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy new (medical) year

I can't believe that another year has passed. We are PGY5 now! Tomorrow we are going to a meet the interns barbecue. I remember thinking how far off PGY5 seemed and now we're a seasoned PGY5.

Remember to update your profiles, if applicable.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Re: happy new (medical) year

Originally posted by kmbsjbcgb
      I remember thinking how far off PGY5 seemed and now we're a seasoned PGY5.
      How many more to go for General Surgery? Looks like I got off easy with Family Medicine--we only had 3 years!

Comment

Congrats! I can't even imagine the residency years yet! We start MS3 June 21st.
        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I know what you mean Kelly. During the first month of intern year my dh said he wanted to do a 3 year fellowship after residency--at the time I said no way in he** and now here we are in the last year of fellowship!!! I"m so excited for him to be entering the last and final year of training! Congrats to everyone else for surviving another year!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

We also don't officially become PGY3 until July 1. I'm also having a hard time believing that we're already going into our third year, these last two years have gone by so quickly! I'm definitely looking forward to this year, this is the first year he'll be taking resident call (instead of intern call) which means only 4-6 calls per month! Congratulations to everyone finishing up and "seeing the light at the end of the tunnel," and good luck to everyone moving into a new phase.
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Thank God this year is over in 2 weeks. Of course the last two are going to be brutal, and of course, we are moving. (why do we do this to ourselves?) My husband is still at Children's here in DC for another 2 weeks, but because Georgetown and George Washington have finished their years, there aren't any interns or residents available to go to Children's so, it's just my husband and another fellow forthe last two weeks.

Then, it's back to Walter Reed for a while!

Jenn

(and you know, I think one of the wrost parts has been helping him get dressed every morning- matching shirts, ties, belts, shoes pants- the uniform is so much easier- and I get to sleep more, instad of "does this go together?"

Comment

Working...
              X