Work Rant

I have a list of four questions that I had a developer research and provide answers for. Basically, what needs to happen is that some of them need to be assigned to a developer, and some need to go back to the business users for more information. I can pinpoint which is which, no problem. The problem here is ego.

If I go to my manager and tell him "These two are ready for a developer, and these two need to go back for more information," he will, depending on his mood, respond one of two ways:
a) Just do it, why are you telling me about it?
b) How do you know which are ready? Go talk to [the other BA] and have her look over the list, and send me an email with what you two decide.

If I go to my manager and tell him "Here are the answers I received, what do you want me to do with them?" he will, depending on his mood, respond one of two ways:
a) Just go talk to [the other BA] and send me an email with what you decide.
b) Email it to me, and I'll look over it.

So, before talking to him, I went to the other BA, and she couldn't have been any less interested, telling me, "Just go talk to [our Manager]." Our manager never checks his email and frequently "loses" emails that we send him, so it is very likely that these questions will never get resolved if it comes down to me sending an email.

I have a one in four shot of actually getting something done today, and in that scenario I still look incompetent for asking him at all. Why isn't it Friday yet???