Life is good. I'm getting more confident in my role as a Nurse Practitioner. The responsibility is daunting, much scarier that I thought it would be. I am really lucky to be working with DH. I can't imagine working for a group and being comfortable enough to ask all of the questions that I ask DH. We make a good team. When I have questions about what to do I always try to figure it out on my own and then present my plan to DH. He is a great teacher. Primary care is exciting for me, I love the patients and am so happy for the time I am able to spend with them. I schedule all office visits for 30 minutes and physicals are one hour. Being my own boss is such a nice feeling. I make my schedule, I decide if I want to take a day off, it really is nice after all of the years of the hospital owning me, body and soul.

My daughter Amy is pregnant!!!!! I cannot believe I am going to be a grandmother. It is so nice to see her so happy. She is 24, newly married, and went back to Nursing school. I told her it is a little scary watching her live my life!!!! When I was 24 and newly married, I went back to school for Nursing and had two babies while in school. She seeems to have her head on a lot straighter than I did at that age. She is definitely type A, she is a planner and likes to have everyting orderly. I am the complete opposite, I fly by the seat of my pants, Caroline is alot like me.

After I married we moved from Atlanta to Princeton, so I haven't lived near family in 25 years. When my daughters were small their Dad was always traveling and I was always alone. Kind of like being a medical spouse! I am happy to be able to live only 12 miles away from Amy. She asked me if I would babysit one day a week when she is in clinicals, ah the beauty of being my own boss, whatever day her clinical is will be my day off! I try not to interfere, and sometimes I want to pick up the phone and call her and I stop myself. It isn't always easy, because I just want to say hi but I know that she is a grown woman, with a husband and a baby on the way and I don't want her to dread my calls, etc. so I'm usually pretty good at not bothering her. But I am always happy when she calls me.

Caroline is still in college. Her boyfriend graduated in December and he is Army ROTC. He is going to Officer Candidate School, but doesn't know where yet. He is due to go soon but has no assignment. I told him to get used to it, the Army owns him and they can do whatever they want. He is a lovely young man and I hope he and Caroline will end up married. They are talking about it after she finishes school, hopefully next year. I feel so fortunate to be able to say that both of my daughters are with wonderful young men. If I could have handpicked their husbands/boyfriends I could have done better! They are truly nice young men who treat my daughters well, with great respect. My only reservation is that both daughters are with Republican men! Where did I go wrong