Wow, I totally suck at this blog thing.

The past couple of months have been crazy busy. I don't even know what I have posted where. Oliver is growing so fast it is scary. He has been diagnosed with a "sloping bilateral hearing loss". He gets his hearing aides tomorrow morning. They have had a lot of testing done and many appointments at Children's in Philadelphia. So far everything else has been fine and he is developing normally in every other way. For him the higher the pitch the less he hears. It is so funny to watch him when a man with a deep voice is talking. It is so obvious when he can hear and when he can't. If I open the door to check on him the creak wakes him up, but he can't hear a bird chirp. I pray that he adapts to the hearing aides without any problems. Amy's in-laws have been very negaitve, they think she is making it up and that he will outgrow it How ignorant can some people be? DH told her that Oliver will outgrow the hearing loss just like they will outgrow stupid!!!!

My ex-husband lives in Prague, and he was diagnosed with cancer last month. He had emergency surgery there and we talked him into coming back here for treatment. He arrived last Friday and everyday this week has been an appointment of some kind. He has picked my DH as his primary so that we can help organize things for him. It has been very strange and somewhat emotional. I have been taking him to all of the appointments this week and I'm sure there is a lot of "talk" in the hospital now. He starts his chemo on Monday. Thank goodness I am only working 3.5 days a week.

I feel so fortunate, he and I have worked through our "stuff" and we get along well. I know I am very lucky to be married to a man who is willing to help. Fortunately DH and ex-DH are on the same page politically so they have had a lot to talk about. Also, they both love Oliver and it is cute to see Oliver with both of his Grandpas.

Life is interesting, it keeps on happening and you never know what is coming your way. Several times this week I have asked myself if this is reality or am I in another dimension.