11-04-2006, 09:32 AM

mommax3
Administrator

Look at my Pictures!

I've been feeling pretty good the past three or four days. All of my stressors are still around, but I have been working hard to think of them as things I "get" to do instead of things I "have" to do, and somehow it has made a difference......I hope it continues!

DH's practice has always had an annual retreat. They would go somewhere (usually to a state park) and families would enjoy time away, and the physicians would have a business meeting at some point. This all worked fine when it was a large family practice group, but now that they have become multi-specialty, it is difficult for all of the members to attend. Last year, they held the retreat at a water park in Indianapolis, which my kids LOVED, but it was a little weird to pack for a weekend, only to go 30 minutes away. So this year, there is no retreat, but there was a dessert get-together last night, and the docs are having their meeting this morning. Last night was supposed to start at 7:30......DH and I made it there by 8:20, because he was at work until then. We got home around 10:00, and I know he went back to the hospital before midnight. Right now, I don't know if he is at the meeting or at the hospital......but I think it is going to be one of THOSE weekends. DH told me last night that he and his partner have over 30 babies due this month......yikes! However, they have re-structured some things, are taking less Medicaid, and are lowering the percentage of OB patients they accept, so I think this may be the last really busy month. I hope!

On the home front, we have been having a nice respite because soccer is over, and although basketball practice has started, we haven't had any games yet......but DS has his first game on Monday, so our respite is about to end. I enjoy watching basketball anytime, anywhere (spoken like a true Hoosier! ) but the driving to/from games really gets old.

My job is going well. I had an all-day in-service this week, for teachers new to the school system, and once again I came away very impressed with the leadership of the schools in that community. I have made no secret of the fact that I want to move to that community by the time DS #1 is ready for high school (he is in 6th grade right now) because the private school he is in ends after 8th grade. We really wouldn't have to move far -- 6 or 7 miles west at most -- but it would make a big difference (negatively) in DH's commute to the hospital, which is right now about 7 minutes. Hopefully, they will add a third partner in the next couple of years, and we will be able to move into that community by the time DS #1 is ready for high school. I selfishly wish we could move this summer so that he could attend 7th and 8th grade at the school where I teach, but he has expressed a strong desire to remain where he is through 8th grade, and he has had to change schools so many times that I don't have the heart to override him. So the tuition costs and the driving will continue for a little longer.

My birthday is one week from today! I don't enjoy the getting older part, but what is not to like about a day where it is SUPPOSED to be all about you? DH is off next weekend, and ON HIS OWN set up babysitting for the boys for the whole day! I don't think he has made plans beyond that, but having a whole day "off" with him and no agenda sounds like heaven to me. Can you tell I am looking forward to it?

Well, there are quite a few things I need to accomplish today (assignment for a class I am taking, project for a school fundraiser, lesson plans to make, a house to sort of clean, laundry to sort/do, and boys to keep alive) so I had better end this re-cap of my oh so exciting life!

Sally

"I don't know when Dad will be home."