1-27-2006, 09:52 PM

mommax3
Administrator

Latest Blog Entry: What do you do all day?
Look at my Pictures!

Wow....long time, no update! I guess I have been posting enough in other forums that I just *thought* I had written here, too.

Life is pretty good right now. My birthday was the 11th (along with several other people around here!) and DH surprised me with a stay in a downtown hotel followed by a day of shopping. It was heaven. He and I often wonder how long it would take us to get bored if neither of us had to work. We just have the best time together, even if we aren't doing anything in particular.

Thanksgiving was awesome! Very relaxing. DH was on call Thursday and Friday, but it was blessedly uneventful. My Dad was here from FL, and he and my 88 year old aunt came over late afternoon on T-Day. We watched "Elf" with them, and then my half-sis and her hubby came over in time to eat leftovers and help us christen our new fondue pot with yummy chocolate fondue. DH and I went out with our best couple friends Friday night for Greek food and then Cold Stone creamery for ice cream. It was a great time......we have been friends with this couple since we were newlyweds and they were engaged! We sang at their wedding and have been friends ever since. Our kids are all around the same ages, too. It is so nice to spend time with people you have history with, especially when you have moved around a lot and don't have a very long history with too many people! We went up to my mom's (my 95 year old grandma lives there, too) Saturday and watched another movie and ate some pizza. (Have you noticed a theme? When dealing with both the elderly and young boys, movies are a good choice. ) I had to tell my mother that I would not be able to make it to Christmas with her extended family since we will still be at my in-laws when they are celebrating. To make up for that, I tried to get her to commit to celebrating Christmas with our immediate family on the 22nd, when my NYC sis is in town, before DH and I head to his parents' house. She got all pissy and said "Whenever you can fit me in will be fine." Nice. But that was the only negative note in an otherwise enjoyable afternoon.

I think I got enough sleep over the weekend, because I woke up at 2 a.m. Sunday morning, and couldn't get back to sleep for a couple of hours. I was sort of struggling almost with an anxiety attack or something. I would try to fall asleep and then start worrying that I hadn't taught my students a song they *had* to know, which would wake me up enough that I would analyze that worry, dismiss it, but then realize that there were several *other* things that I could worry about. Blah! I finally got back to sleep, and slept great last night.

Getting back to school this morning was difficult, but not too bad once I got going. My actual time at school with the students flies by.......it is the prep work that seems to take forever, probably because I am stressing about Nathan spending too much time in daycare, which actually is stupid, because he loves it.

I am struggling with the fact that there will be no more babies/toddlers/preschoolers for me! It has been a very enjoyable era, despite all of the drawbacks that you know all too well if you are a parent. I would do it all again in a heartbeat. Nathan still instinctively reaches for my hand when we are walking together, and I find myself holding my breath now a little before he reaches up, because I know the day is coming quickly when he won't do that anymore. But, I have to admit that I don't miss waking up in the night or changing diapers......every stage has its advantages and disadvantages, I guess. If you have little ones, though.......give them an extra squeeze from me!

Sally

"I don't know when Dad will be home."