Happy anniversary to DH and I! We are going out to eat tonight at Melting Pot, our new obsession. We get salads, a double order of cheese fondue, and of course the chocolate! Yummy..... :dinner: He bought me flowers and had them in a vase on the table when I got home today (he was on call all weekend, so he had the afternoon off today). He's such a good guy. I can't pretend that I knew enough to know that I was making a good choice when we got engaged......I thought I was, of course.......but the reality is that I was barely 21 years old and knew next to nothing. :huh: Still, I thought he had integrity and character, and that is what has carried us through the really difficult periods of parenthood and medical training. He is far more unselfish than I and really just wants me to be happy. He can always make me laugh, even when I don't want to, and that quality has helped to smooth over many a rough patch! I heart my husband, more than I can say! :mydoc:

Well, tomorrow is the first student day and I am as ready as I can be at this point. We have a new principal this year and he is *organized*! One of the biggest frustrations I have had over the past two years is that whenever we had a 2 hour delay because of weather or a half day because of teacher in-service, we never knew ahead of time what the schedule would be for the hours that we had students. This guy already has published a schedule for each of those situations so we will know ahead of time. He also gave us a schedule of when our evaluations will be, including a pre- and post- evaluation meeting. Today went well but I am sure there are going to be some moments of adjustments, especially for the teachers that have been there 20+ years (and there are several of them). We also will be moving into a new school building in February, and we got to go over to the site as a faculty today and take a tour. I saw my new room for the first time.....I can't wait to be in that space! The new building has a "cafetorium" (don't you love those words......like "spork") and I will hopefully be able to do my concerts in there (once we move) rather than having to do them over in the high school auditorium, which is what I do (and hate) now. Let's see.....I am moving into a new school in February, DH is moving into a newly constructed office space in October, my kids' school is building, and of course we are breaking ground on our new house yet this month! Whew! That's a lot of construction dust![/QUOTE]