Sunday, January 24th, my Grandfather passed away. He had been ill for weeks and DH had just talked with his docs that morning who said it was a matter of time. At 82, he'd lived a good healthy life and only became very ill in the last few months with congestive heart failure. He was a true gentleman, loved by everyone. He loved music and woodwork, my parents have several pieces of furniture which he built. Along with my Grandmother, they raised 12 children, 8 of their own and adopted 2 nephews and 2 nieces, the oldest being 4 years when their mother died at a very young age. They have 27 Grandchildren, one in heaven along with their daughter, who died 3 years ago at 46. A truly amazing couple, their marriage stayed strong through 53 years, an inspiration to all of us Grandchildren. May he rest in peace and be reunited with his Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Daughter and Grandchild in heaven. May my wonderful Grandmother be given strength. She has found a little piece of joy in a beautiful stray kitten she found inside the church and under the hearse on the day of the funeral. None of us can help but think that he's a gift from Grandad.