My birthday was on Wednesday. DH had left a sticky note telling me happy birthday. It fell in the sink, so it was all wet. (And BTW, It's NOT the thought that counts!) We don't celebrate birthdays on the day of, generally, and it's a good thing... Kate left me a nice note on the computer (makes me wonder if she was sneaking internet time since she's grounded from the internet.) This is the note:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM
See, I remembered. Sorry for being such a pain in the neck all the time
I love you
-KT-

Soooo... That left me feeling a little guilty, b/c I really don't want her to think of herself as a "pain in the neck" or for her to think that I think of her that way... Sigh... It's the first time she's written *I love you* in who knows how long, though. It's been a couple of years, anyway...

Other than that, DH had call and didn't even get to come home at all on Wednesday. It's supposedly home call, but there was a sick kid, etc., etc. So I got to do all of DH's normal chores, which happens a lot these days.

DH is getting really sick of residency. He needs a break. He is counting down the days to the end of this rotation, and he's sick of always getting the short end of the stick. It's not even an exaggeration. He always takes extra call, and works extra days. It's just the way his schedule has worked out. The other residents who are on right now have to go in on their call nights maybe 30% of the time. DH goes in 80%. It's not a fluke, either. It's some sort of cosmic punishment. And compared to the other residents in his class year-- the one who is rotating at the hospital where DH rotated from July through October gets to leave at 11:30 AM every day... Apparently two doctors are leaving or something, and so they aren't scheduling cases, and so there's nothing to do. DH worked until at the earliest 6 pm when he was there. It's a cosmic thing. DH is getting bitter... He told a med student type that ENT is not all it's cracked up to be, and that he hates it (first time I've heard him say that), and that if he did it over again he'd go for derm...

The other residents in his class year have totally different attitudes about it. They envy DH the surgeries he has done. :huh:

Other than that... Not much is going on. I have these hives all over my arms today and I have no idea why. It's kind of driving me nuts. I've tried hydrocortizone cream, but it's done nothing. There is no reason for this, and I never have gotten hives before!

Maybe that's a cosmic thing, too... Maybe that is an indication that DH really SHOULD have gone into Derm...