DH's program just decided to make some "improvements". This means that instead of having 3 nice months next year, he's going to have 3 horrid months working at another hospital very far away from home. He'll be driving round trip about 100 miles a day, uncompensated, in heavy beltway traffic. There's no way to carpool or anything like that. I am beyond disappointed. These 3 months were the *only* things I was looking forward to for next year and beyond. And now I need to start budgeting for obscene amounts of money to pay for gas and for the extra car mainenance that is going to be required...

DH's program also decided to do away with the research months during 4th year. Just because, you know, that would be something we were looking forward to as well. Not just so that DH could sit around, but so that he could actually try to meet his research requirement. And there is now not one light rotation in which he can try to do some research.

I feel like there is literally nothing to look forward to. This residency program was sold to DH as something entirely different from what it is. It's time for DH to start reporting his *actual* hours...