Yesterday, I felt like I was thrown into a vat of ice water. After 4 days of no school and lots of fun with the kids, we were forced back into the routine of early mornings, sleepless nights and homework. The sleepless nights were less of a problem when we were off school because I wasn't driving 4 hours/day. :huh:

The long and short of it is that I'm just absolutely exhausted. No amount of coffee (or rum and coke :>) can cut through my crabbiness.

Yesterday, I cleaned my kitchen/living room floor 3 times....and within minutes (literally) it was a mess again. After my final attempt before starting my after school pick up routine, Aidan snuck Zoe some cereal. I turned around to discover that she had tossed the cereal onto the floor (a lot of it) and then he was smashing the bits into the floor while singing a montessori song to her about God. She was trying to parrot his words. The way they were working together and entertaining themselves....their innocense....was adorable. I couldn't really be angry because they were playing together so sweetly. At the same time....I give up about keeping the house even remotely picked up. With 7 people, we have so much laundry that I've reached a point of not knowing which baskets contain dirty clothes and which containg clean clothes :huh:

It is completely impossible for me to get anything done at ALL. If I want to do anything...and I really do mean anything for myself including writing, etc I have to do it at night when the kids are in bed and I'm really worn out. I find that aspect of my life incredibly frustrating right now.

T-8 days until the PET.

Thomas and I have avoided it, talked about it...and are back to avoiding it. The stats, of course, are on my side...and yet...that doesn't remove the anxiety associated with the what if.........

Kris[/quote]