So the topic of ex's came up in the Itch thread and it makes me think. I would never leave DH, we have our struggles with this life, but he's my best friend and I couldn't imagine life without him. At the same time I wonder what it would have been like if it had gone differently. I grew up in a small town (~3,000) and every year there is a big homecoming where many alumni come back. There is a parade, car show, food booths, craft booths, alumni dance, etc. - its a big deal for this little town. One of my ex's was in my older sister's class and next year will be her 15 year reunion as well as my little sister's 10 year reunion. We've all already marked our calendars so that we can be home for it. DH has never been to this "event" and most of my high school "friends" have never met him. I so badly want to run into this one ex next October (yes, I'm writing about something that is 11 months away). He was my first crush, he serenaded me outside of my bedroom window when he broke up with me and I wouldn't take him back, he was (and I suppose still is) a great guy. But from mutual friends I hear that his wife bristles every time she hears my name - they have a great family, three kids I think, and like I said I would never even think about leaving my DH. But I would so love to see her face if we ran into them, I've never actually met her. He gave up his dreams to take over her daddy's business and I feel like I could finally close that door if I introduced my husband, the brain surgeon, to him. That's really awful isn't it? We should get something out of this lifestyle shouldn't we? We should be able to "use" it to our advantage. I don't want people to think I'm a snob but just the look on his face, and hers, would be priceless...someday.