I have the BEST husband in the whole world. This morning our neighbor called me at 10 after seven, started to ask me if I could watch her kids and then stopped herself and said, never mind - you have to go to work.

Seems she was taking her DH to the ER. These are good friends of ours that have a 2 1/2 year old with developmental delays because she was born with a brain issue (DH could tell you what it was, me? not so much) and they have a six month old.

So anyway, DH calls me at 9am to tell me he's going home (post-call) and I mention that they called me this morning. He goes down to the OR finds our neighbor who is under observation because he had chest pains, high fever, sweating, etc. and tells DH that his wife just left with the kids. So DH calls the wife, meets her at her school (she is a teacher), trades vehicles with her (she is now driving his BABY - unbeleivable!), takes the daughter to pre-school and is now babysitting the baby at their house. In a few minutes he's going to go pick the sister up at pre-school (driving a MINI VAN, no less) and then hang out with the kids at their house until their mom gets home in a few hours.

While I was talking to him on the phone he was "talking" to the baby as well - just made my heart melt. And he had already changed his diaper. He's going to be the world's greatest dad! IMO!