Wal-Mart SUCKS! Yes, I think we've had the discussion before about how much I hate them and RARELY shop there. But guess what - they have the crib and dresser that we want and its online so we only have to go to the store to pick it up, etc. The crib itself gets good reviews. So I ordered it the week of July 16th - because they drop ship it to the store it takes almost three weeks which was fine b/c shipping is FREE. So we were supposed to get it this week, we were supposed to get an e-mail when it arrived at the store so we could go pick it up. My parents are coming next weekend and while I know DH and I can put it together ourselves, it was to be a project for DH and dad because they'll have to move my desk and a few other things that are to heavy for me to lift. Anyway, so last night I go online to check the status since we haven't received an e-mail. The order was CANCELLED! No reason, no notification - just cancelled! I was so pissed. I e-mailed Wal-Mart's online customer service and was informed that there must be something wrong with my credit card and that the order didn't go through. I sent them back a scathing e-mail about how their customer service SUCKS and they should have notified me. So I placed the order again and then I call my CC to find out why the hell they would have denied it in the first place since we don't carry a balance on that card. They have no idea - bull crap! But they have authorized this morning's order and everything should be fine. Yay - everything except the fact that now we won't get the crib until August 16th - AFTER my parents' visit. Reason #10 million plus that I hate Wal-Mart!