We just got back from a whirlwind trip home. We left here on Thursday around noon, drove to Overland Park (6 hours) and spent the evening with DH's parents. On Friday we drove to Wichita ( 2 1/2 hours) and spent a few hours with DH's paternal grandparents and then spent a few hours with my maternal grandparents then drove back to OP (2 1/2 hours). Saturday we drove to McLouth (1 hour) to see my sister for a few hours then drove to St Marys (1 1/2 hours) to see my paternal grandparents and then to my mom and dad's house (2 1/2 hours). We spent Sunday at my parents and then drove back to OP on Monday (2 hours) had lunch with the ILs and then drove home (6 hours). YIKES!

Our trips always turn into these drive everywhere trips and its SO annoying but this time we felt it was necessary. We felt that she needed to meet 6 of her 7 living great grandparents as soon as possible and after spending time with them and I'm glad we did. DH's grandmother has alzheimer's and is fading fast mentally, his grandfather is on dialysis 3x/week and while mentally he's sharp as a tack his health is failing him. My grammy is very healthy mentally and physically but she recently put my grandad in a home because he also has alzheimer's and it was very hard to see him that way. He's lost a lot of weight and pretty much doesn't remember anyone except his wife. My dad's parents are also failing in health, my grandmother had another heart attack a few months ago and my grandfather while with it mentally is losing his health very rapidly. We know we are very lucky to have 7 grandparents but I fear we'll be attending several funerals in the next year or two. Adele will meet her 7th great grandparent when we go to Texas in June.

Adele was a trooper the whole trip though she was on a roll over strike after not being able to sit still last week she wouldn't roll over at all when she had an audience.

One of the great things about the weekend was that DH was able to get up with her in the middle of the night, I had to wake him up b/c he doesn't hear her but then I was able to go back to sleep. One definite advantage of not breastfeeding. After this week (his schedule is NUTS) he'll be able to do it more often.

The weather here is finally gorgeous, in fact as soon as I'm done with this entry we're going for a walk. I guess that is it for now, I'm sure there was something else I was going to write about - I'm sure I'll think of it!