So we survived the weekend in Kansas City. We got in Thursday afternoon just as Jenn and Luanne were parting ways (darn it!) and spent the evening with FIL and MIL. Of course Adele was on the floor for a total of about five minutes b/c she "must" be held ALL the time in their presence. Luckily she still slept from 8:45p to 7a so that was a good start to the weekend, to bad it didn't last.

Friday it was HOT and HUMID! OMG, I have forgotten how humid it can get in Kansas and I don't miss it AT ALL! But DH didn't want to sit around and stare at everyone all day, not that I blame him but did he have to pick an outdoor activity? Miniature golf. It was fun but very uncomfortable, MIL was afraid Adele was going to "die" of dehydration and it kept her from getting her naps for the day but we she was fine, health wise. DH's best friend's wife had their first baby Thursday morning so the 3 of us headed off to the hospital to see the new baby and have pictures taken, when we sat Adele next to Emily the first thing she did was go for her hair. Like "I don't have any of that, can I play with yours?"

Then we met FIL, MIL and BIL for dinner at this yummy restaurant. It had cooled off considerably but was still warm and humid yet they insisted on sitting outside. I got bit by something and now have a bug bite on my ankle the size of a quarter. Adele slept through most of dinner so of course then she didn't want to go to bed when we got home. She finally went down at 10:30 and slept until 6.

When she got up at six Saturday I thought that would be perfect, she'd be up for 2 hours, then take her nap and be all ready and refreshed for her pictures at 10. Nope! She napped from 7:45-9:15 and when she wakes up cranky that is not usually a good sign. We'll see what kind of pictures we get but she was not her happy go lucky self. We took pictures of the three of us and then of each of us with her and then of her alone so we'll see. I'll post the link here when I get them, it will be mid August b/c her photographer is going on a cruise (jealous!). So Saturday night from 4-7 was the open house that MIL wanted to throw for Adele. All of the guests were her friends and family, about 25 people, plus my parents, 1 sister, nephew and 1 grandmother. She did extremely well, for not napping much and being cranky that morning she just kind of hung out, let everyone hold her and was very mellow. So it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be other then this 8 year old girl who followed me around for about 30 minutes and talked the ENTIRE time. How do you politely tell someone else's child to shut up? Her parents wouldn't even correct her when she interrupted an adult conversation, no manners at all. And I don't mean one or two interruptions, I mean constant, her parents just ignored her which made her do it even more.

Sunday was a quick day, we went out to brunch and then hit the road and we're home by 6:30. Adele didn't nap great yesterday or today so hopefully she'll get back on that soon. As long as its not affecting her night sleep I'm letting it slide a little but I hope that doesn't come back to bite me. Last night she went to bed at 9:45 and slept until 8:45. :huh:

In other news I'm getting my butt off of the couch. I'm taking a spinning class on Monday mornings at the Y that is literally kicking my butt! On Tuesday afternoons I'm taking a class that is combination cardio and weight training, on Wednesday afternoons I'm taking pilates and on Thursday mornings I'm taking yoga. I start those last three today so we'll see how it goes. Next week I'll miss the afternoon classes though b/c Adele and I are going to take a waterbabies class. That should be fun.

And I found a boot camp! Its being offered through DH's work and its $120 for employees and family. So its MWF from 6-7am Sept 8th through Oct. 4th. DH is going to take Adele to work with him (he has a conference that starts at 7am on Monday & Fridays) and I'll drop by and pick her up on my way home so that he only misses the first few minutes. I was so glad he agreed to help out, he knows how unhappy I am with my post baby body.

And Adele turned seven months on Sunday - yikes! Here are pictures from the month, not including our trip to Texas. (Well I tried and tried to embed them as a slideshow but I can't make it work, so you'll just have to follow the link!
http://picasaweb.google.com/cherim76/7thMonth628727