4/25/2007

Blarrrrrrrg. I started writing a new blog and my friend called......we talked for an hour and a half and then Kevin came home so I quickly had to close out so he doesn't catch the scent of my e-trail on his computer.

I had a fairly ok trip home. My dad and I had plans to take 3 mile walks almost every evening. It was so nice out around the time I went home, but within days it was in the 40s, then 30s and remained that way for weeks. Yuck. My mom and I had some nasty fights, including the kind where she gets mad at me either for no reason or for a secret reason (I can never figure those ones out) and spends the day glaring at me or ignoring me. When I told her originally that I was going to be coming home for a month, she kind of sighed and her tone of voice made it clear that she was NOT looking forward to it. Great, thanks. We didn't fight as much as we thought, which was good. Oh, and in my previous entry I mentioned the St. Baldrick's thing. The money raised from the fundraiser at the high school didn't go to her scholarship fund, it went to St. Baldrick's, which is fine and dandy with me. It was a HUGE success and it was lots of fun seeing a few of my old teachers getting their heads shaved. I'm sure Mick was somewhere cracking up about it. I miss her.

I did nothing during my time home except hang out with my parents. Arrrg. I had no income for a month so I couldn't justify going out much. I went out with my best friend from high school and had a great night out but realized how different we are now. She's in love with a guy who has a pile about 5 feet wide and a few inches deep of empty Newport cig boxes under her basement stairs (dead serious, it's gross). He has no license and she has to drive him to work. He had a DUI and she was angry with the system that part of his punishment was to spend 3 days in jail (along with a lot of house arrest). It was not his first offense. In high school she feared becoming a loser townie because financially her only option is a country branch of Kent State but she ended up being worse than a townie. She now dates a druggie/drunk who has been in tons of trouble with the law and is going NOWHERE. I'm just waiting for her to get knocked up. She is so bright and has so much potential and she's pissing it all away. She could have gone to Kent Stark and then could have gotten a job or gone to grad school otherwise, but her grades are mud now. I'm sure she'll blame her future failures on Kent Stark, when in reality her failures are from her own stupid choices. It's so hard seeing someone you viewed as a sister go totally down the tubes. Let's not forget the massive weight loss due to cocaine use. Great.

I was able to escape these pleasantries by coming to Columbus for a few weekends for chemistry labs for the online class I'm taking. I have NO motivation to do anything since I graduated last month but I have to keep plugging along for nursing prereqs. Blah blah blah. So yeah, I would come here for long weekends to get a break from home, which made it nice. Now I'm back in Columbus at Kevin's and waiting til these weekend when I move into my new home and start my nannying job. I'm kind of bummed because Kevin is going home next Thursday-Sunday because one of his best pals is moving to California, then the next weekend he's leaving for Mexico with his parents. I hope he doesn't get stolen. It should give me some good time alone to do some much-needed chem studying!

I joined a message board for attachment parenting to meet some like-minded ladies with young kids so I could arrange days out at the zoo or COSI (children's museum) with playmates for the girls I watch. There are a lot of mamas on it who knit so I'm really hoping I can get someone to teach me. I will have a lot of quiet time in the evenings at my new house and I think that would be a nice quiet activity to take up. Oh, and the mom I work for emailed me yesterday and told me the girls have been asking about me and that Kate, the 5-year-old, would have random moments where she would pick up bouquets of flowers while in New Zealand and suggest they send them to me. How ABSOLUTELY precious is that? I teared up when I told Kevin because I was so touched! I'm so excited to see them in a few days!

And lastly, I miss my baby kitty! I hadn't seen him in months. I had a great time at home with him. I might be able to have him at the house with me, but we'll see.