10/08/2007

Goodness, things have gotten AMAZINGLY better. Did one of you call Kevin and give him the business? He's turned into a normal human boyfriend again. Bryan, the jerk roommate.........ALSO TURNING HUMANESQUE! We talk and are civil and he isn't silent and cranky in my presence. I went out to dinner with Kevin, Bryan, and Taylor (who is the fiancee of one of Bryan's friends...they were friends but then he started hating her for awhile, too) and we had a great time! So woo hoo, I hope things are working themselves out. Last Friday I went over to his apartment and at one point I went to the bathroom and he went to get something to drink from the fridge. I opened the bathroom door and my dweeby boyfriend pops out from around the corner (literally jumps out in front of me) with a giant bouquet of roses! :mydoc: He is so cute and such a goober -- he said he forgot he bought them (just hours before) until he got his drink and saw them in the refrigerator.

He also said he's going to talk to his parents over Christmas break about how to fund an engagement ring. I am morally opposed to the diamond trade and am asking him to PLEASE get me moissanite and not diamonds if we choose to actually get an engagement ring. Diamonds are ok in my book if they are Canadian diamonds but those are SO expensive and it seems silly when I find moissanite to be lovely, conflict-free, and MUCH cheaper than Canadian diamonds.

So now he's shrouded himself in a veil of secrecy even though he used to talk so openly about timetables for when we would get engaged. I wonder if he will end up blowing his cover eventually.

Things on the tot front are great. Today I spent a lot of time with Kate, the 5 year old. I don't see her much b/c she's at kindergarten all day and then comes home and is either manic and runs around outside and plays or is in a foul mood. Her mom and I bought a ton of Charlie's Soap via a co-op with some people I know so I took her to pick that up today and she had fun playing with the other kids and then we went to Panera for lunch and had some time to ourselves to talk and hang out. She's a pretty cool kid.

I took the 2 little ones to COSI (a children's museum) on Friday to see the new Bob the Builder exhibit and Ana LOVED it. Matthew was kind of sick that day and fell asleep in the car on the way so he spent a little while sleeping in the stroller and then spent the rest of our time there wiped out in the mei tai. You can see in the pictures I took of him that he did not seem thrilled to be there. Here are some pictures. Ana's new comfort thing is to jam her hand in her mouth. It's frustrating and completely yucky.