3/04/2008

HILLARY!

Quick update since I'm off to bed and pooped. Kevin and I had the BEST Valentine's Day ever. We volunteered at a Hillary rally on campus and got to meet her! We look freaking terrible because we were standing at the doors for about 2 hours nonstop taking "tickets" (papers w/ your name, email, etc) at the front door. The double doors made for an ICY wind tunnel. It was horrible. We were frozen solid even though we were inside and then our faces got all windburned and icky.

The picture of us on my camera came out HORRIBLY because the woman taking Senator Clinton's pictures was a real crab. Luckily the girl on the other side of Senator Clinton took a great picture and was kind enough to take my email address and email it to me.

Sunday there was a rally in Westerville (about 20 mins from me, Columbus suburb) for Hillary. Kate has been all hopped up on Hillary. I haven't said a whole lot to her but she's picked up on things I've said to her parents and is on the Hillary train. On Saturday when she and her mum came home from a morning of errands I asked what she did that morning. She said thoughtfully, "Ohhhh....I thought about voting for Hillary....and some stuff." It was so cute. Then we took a walk later on Saturday and talked about the yard signs and the importance of Clinton & Obama. I found out after the walk that there was a rally scheduled for Sunday and I asked Kate and her mum if I could take Kate. She was SUPER excited. We met up with my friend, her DH, and her two daughters. Haley is a year older than Kate and they had fun playing/coloring in coloring books/holding their signs before the rally got into full force. The media LOVED them!!!!

I'm taking Kate to vote with me tomorrow and she's psyched. So cute.