After living here for two really crazy weeks, I think I like it here. The day after we moved in, I came down with bronchitis, which really slowed down the unpacking. I had to meet my OB while horribly sick and barely able to breath (and bring DH and both kids with me to my appointment because I could hardly breath or talk).

A day or two after that, my sister had a stroke from a vertebral artery dissection, and was almost sent home from the emergency department where she lives. Fortunately, DH was able to convince her treating doc that he might want to do more than just a CT and diagnose her with an atypical migraine before sending her home. Fortunately, DH had worked with SuzySunshine's DH in residency, and was able to call him for more information to ensure the neurologist knew what she was doing (because the emergency doc obviously didn't).

This is one of the few times in my life I am absolutely grateful to have a physician for a husband. For all the hardships we go through, it may have saved my sister's life, and definitely saved her some morbidity. It also enabled me to get my bronchitis treated, while pregnant, without going into the ED, as he called my OB directly to get me into her early to get seen.

Getting settled has been much slower than I had hoped for. Being pregnant and sick is not a help, but I do get to go see my family basically on the spur of the moment for a couple of days this week. We brought DH cookies today and everyone he works with was so nice (one of the hospitals he was at previously wrote docs up for having their families visit).

Our house is beautiful - as soon as I find the camera cords, I'll send some pictures. We sold our house in Ohio - for a loss - but it's going to be okay. We are renting the house here for a year, which will basically offset the loss. The current owners are a medical family, too. He is an internist who went to U of I for med school and trained at Mayo as well, so he and DH immediately had a bunch in common. This also helped when DH had a couple of weak admits on his first shift, and he instantly had this guy pulling for him.

I think the kids are slowly but surely adjusting. I'm sure when the baby comes, it will throw them for a loop, but having Daddy home so much more has really been a huge benefit to them, and I can tell that they notice the difference. DH calls our neighborhood Wisteria Lane. In the first few days, we had four neighbors bring us food. We've also had a ton of help with getting boxes unloaded and cleaning up the yard. These people are just really friendly and helpful.

I wouldn't recommend moving while pregnant (now that I've done it twice), with two small kids, or really at all, but all things considered, I think it's all good!