Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Treading Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treading Water

So I've caved as well. I'm here to start my blog. I have never felt inclined to do so, but since so much of my life revolves around medicine, this seems like the right place!

Treading water? That is how DH refers to our current situation. Everything we do is just getting by until residency. Me working, us living in an apartment in the city...

I was born and raised in suburban Chicago, and currently live in the city with my husband, Chris, and our two retired greyhounds: Cleo and Lexi. Chris is an MS3 who is currently interested in ortho.

Recently (since he got his Step 1 scores back), we've started to think about residency. I am anxious to move away but nervous about the whole "match" process (yes, I know, plenty of time until the match).

I currently have no job. I was teaching at a school in the far south suburbs, but the commute was too much, so I decided not to return. The job market for math teachers has not been the greatest. So here I sit today, scrambling to get health insurance for myself for the next couple months. I'm very frustrated with the whole situation.

That's about all for now - hopefully future writings will contain more exciting things!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Re: Treading Water

I believe there is an epidemic! I don't know what's in the water, but it seems that EVERYONE is pregnant...3 friends just found out these past few weeks, the slew of people on here, and EVERY female in Chicago! I have never seen so many pregnant woman!

My question is: is this how it always is, and I'm just getting to "that age" where I am noticing it more? It doesn't help that it is totally, absolutely, 100% not happening for us until residency...

le sigh...

But - on a positive note - that means that there are lots of babies that are going to be around soon. I can play with them and spend time with them and then hand them back to mommy!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Got a job! I will be working at a small (150 girls 6-12) Catholic school 2 miles from our place - much better than 50 miles! That's all I know for now - going to sign the contract on Monday and make it official...but I have a job (and health insurance...whew!)
      Jen

Comment

Wow! It's been quite some time since I posted - but it seems like just yesterday! I am really in the holiday spirit this year. I think it's because it's my first holiday season as a real, married person! Last year, the holidays were spent in post-wedding recovery! I am working on a Christmas concert with the girls that I have in choir, in addition to organizing a door-decorating contest at school, having the girls also decorate "stockings" for their lockers (for St. Nicholas Day), sending out a massive number of Christmas cards, and starting a new, part-time job. Ok - I've just made myself a little sick!

Baby season is in full-swing with almost every one of our married friends expecting. I got kind of moody last night, as it seems so far away for us. I have certain things that I want for myself before we have kids, so things just aren't going to happen for a while - but it doesn't make me any less..."nesty" (as DH would say).

I really have nothing to truly complain about, though. I have been preparing myself for the past 7 year for this "medical journey", and so far it's better than expected! I especially enjoy my "me-time" because I know when (kind-of) DH will be home. I'm sure that will change when I am an over-tired mother - it's things like that that make me want to wait! For now, I have my fur-babies to take care of!

I am up waaaaay too late for someone who is getting up at 4 to wake DH
        Jen

Comment

Working...
        X