Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The $250 remote!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The $250 remote!!!

Well, we just shoveled out a bundle on a remote...My husband bought a DVD player a few weeks ago. One night when we wanted to watch a movie we discovered that the remote was missing....After days of looking, he ordered a new one from the company (It cost us $80 plus S+H) !!! Too add insult to injury, our toilets started backing up...I know you know where I am going with this one!!! We decided to save money and went to Lowes and bought our own "snakes" to clear the block. Nothing worked and at about 8pm the toilets flooded both bathrooms and we had to call the plumber out....Guess what he found? The REMOTE!!! The charge for this lovely housecall? $180!!!!!!!!!! sigh...just when you think you are getting ahead!!

Kris

OMG Kristen! ROFL....that was a good one!I think it's all in how ya look at it tho.In a way ya killed 2 birds with one rock!LOL You got the toliets fixed and found your good ole remote on top of it.I'd rather pay a small fortune to have a remote i love,use and trust all the time rather then some new fangled thing anyday!LOL And now you even have a *spare!Do you know how lucky you are to have found it??Phill and i {phill to be truthful}lost the remote to one TV when we moved back here over 2years ago now.Do you know that i'm stilllllllll lookn for that stupid thing??I wish ours was as simple as looking in the toliet!LOL

Lynn

Comment

That sounds like the title for a book!

Well, my kids flushed giant sidewalk chalk down our toilet. Again, a big plumber bill. I'll never forget how funny it was to see the plumber on our front lawn shaking the toilet upside down to shake out FIVE pieces of chalk.

Andrew's good friend in residency once flushed his PAGER by accident. I guess he was "finishing up" in the bathroom when it fell off just after flushing. He was on call, yes... How many of your spouses have wanted to flush their pagers? tee hee

Comment

I'll top it. My husband was on call and used to tie his wedding band ($600) to his scrubs. Guess where it is!!

Comment

NO WAY!!! Oh my gosh, Adrienne, that definately tops the remote! Did he get a new band? How awful though...all of that sentimental value flushed down the drain!!

Actually, as I am writing this, I am reminded of a plumber that we once had who told me that people don't realize that stuff like that usually doesn't make it very far...ie diamond rings down the sink/toilet....usually, becuase they are heavier, they end up resting in the pipes closeby....The plumber would only cost about $65.....(at least in Fl)...it might be worth a shot!!!!!

Kris

Comment

If it were at home I would have for sure opened up the pipes, but at the hospital G-d only knows!!!

Anyhow - I told him that we would just replace it. He got upset that I wasn't mad. I told him how could I be. He had had a scare 2 weeks earlier (left it in the pocket of some scrubs but got it back) and decided that he would rather wear his ring and risk losing it than not wear it at all. So I told him that it was his decision and that if that is what he wanted to do it was fine by me. So when he did lose it I think he was really just mad at himself!!

The long and the short of it: It still has not been replaced!!

Comment

I'm with you: I'd NEVER put my hand down a hospital toilet!!! Not even a gloved hand!

It is so upsetting to lose the ring you got married with. But it does happen. My friend's husband was swimming in a cold lake and got out of the lake only to find his wedding ring gone! I know when I swim, my rings get really loose. Perhaps it is the pressure of the water squeezing your fingers smaller.

And the killer is that your insurance likely has a hefty $500 deductible, right? Bummer...

Comment

Working...
              X