Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Moving Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Games

It will take us about 3 1/2 days to drive to MN. Does anyone have some suggestions of things we can take with us to entertain the kids? (6 1/2, 5, and 2 1/2). I am already thinking magnadoodle for the baby...but the older two would probably not be interested anymore....my husband even suggested a handheld videogame for the older ones....but they haven't ever played them before...so I don't know if/what they would enjoy. It will be a looooooong trip.....does anyone have suggestions for traveling with the little ones?

Kris
    The Medical Spouse Network

Kris, bear with me because it is late and I just survived cub scout day camp in 110 degree weather with 250 8-10 year old boys!!!! (see, I don't even know if I put in the right thing to get a tired face!) Anyway... I have the whole gamut of stuff to do in the car. My 9 year old is the game boy video game kid. He could do that the whole way but my 6 year old loses interest quick. I wouldn't buy an expensive gameboy but maybe an inexpensive electronic game. We usually go to Kaybee Toys and look for the sales. The star wars electronic games have been a hit with my boys. So has electronic Simon, memory game and some other travel games. My 4 year old loved the electronic Mr. Potato Head. A friend of mine told me to get the new Crayola markers with the special paper where the markers can only write on this type of paper. So, no colored pen marks all over your nice new van!!! She told me that it has saved her on long distance trips. Sorry, I can't remember the name of it though. I have an electronic alphabet push button thing that my 4 year old and baby love to play with. The last time we drove for three days with the kids, we gave them, as a group, one new toy each day. They weren't allowed to see it until the next day so they were excited to travel instead of starting off dreading it. Okay... I will have to think about this some more. We are leaving in a week and a half to Utah for a month to see family while Russ does a rotation there. I will be getting into the traveling mode very shortly. More to come...

Robin

Comment

Hi there!

Careful with those Crayola markers. They will leave permanent marks on wood and leather! I found out the hard way...

On our recent plane ride, I bought my two year olds mini Magna Doodles. They were ten bucks in Canada, cheaper South of the border, I'm sure. Also, we had some puzzles that simulate fishing (the magnet picks up the fish), crayons and paper (washable crayons would be your best bet), playdough (hey, it was an airplane, I didn't have to clean up, just keep two year old twins quiet so everyone could watch the movie). I also had little cars and the Thomas the Tank Engine trains that they drove all over the food trays. I also brought their favourite dolls. These might work for your youngest...

Oh, and lots of their favourite foods! But be careful on the sugar, so they don't jump out of their skin...

Wow, it's so exciting that you are moving!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

I am off to Wal-Mart!

Kris
        The Medical Spouse Network

Comment

Dramamine or Benadryl!!!!! Just joking (sort of).

Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
          X