Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Scavenger Hunts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scavenger Hunts....

These are great fun and easy answers to boredom...really! We have started doing scavenger hunts in the backyard when the kids are looking for something entertaining to do.....I make a little list of things for them to look for:

~something soft

~something hard

~something that smells good

~something smaller than you

~something bigger than you

~something red

~something green

well, you get the idea...I can change it around and add different things, and we have had a lot of fun with it....Just thought I'd share the idea...it would probably be fun on a rainy day indoors too..

Kris

We have had a lot of luck with scavenger hunts and treasure hunts. I do treasure hunts a lot. Sometimes I will copy some pictures off of my printshop (ie pictures of a stove, refrigerator, computer, tv etc.) and use those as the clues. I do that for the younger ones. I used simple words for my kindergartener and one time I had my oldest son draw pictures of different things around the house and label them. I usually have a treat at the end. Your scavenger hunt sounds like fun. I hadn't thought of doing an indoor one.

When we were in Utah (where it was cooler and we could actually go for walks or bike riding!) we went for penny walks. Every time we had to make a choice of which direction to go, the kids would take turns flipping a penny. Heads... we turned left, Tails ... we turned right etc. We got to explore some new places and streets that we hadn't seen before. Of coursre, when everyone starts to get tired we would make the choices head towards home!

We went on a penny drive once where we drove around following the flips of the penny and we would look for a place to buy a treat. We would get a treat and then come home.

It sounds like you have been having a great time playing with your kids from the other posts I read. I am glad things have settle down a bit for you.

Robin

Comment

Penny Walks...what a fun idea! That is definately something that we will have to try. I'm surprised by how into the scavenger hunts the kids are....but it is great to have something easy to do that they enjoy! Today we were going to go hiking (we are trying to make it a family weekend tradition) but instead, the kids spent the entire DAY in their big blow-up pool in the backyard while Thomas and I sat on the porch and sipped iced-tea...I even jumped in to their little pool with them for awhile.

It is still unbelievable to the kids that Thomas is at home on the weekends. Every time he leaves the room, Alex still asks "Papa working?"....

I'll definately have to try the penny walks...

Kris

Comment

Working...
      X