Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Storyteller :o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Storyteller :o

Saturday I took the kids to the play area at Burger King as a special treat...we had lunch there and then the kids were going to play while I read the paper.....

Finny (age 5 1/2) was angry because I hadn't put her hair in pony tails, and refused to play. She sat at the table and pouted... Andrew didn't want to play w/o her so he sat down at the table and then Alex came over because the other two weren't playing. With Thomas gone, I'll admit it...the Burger King trip was more for me...than for the kids. I had hoped to have them play a little without messing up our house! and also have the chance to read ....

Anyway, I practically had to demand that they go play and Finny stood up and walked over to the mom and grandma sitting at a table nearby and said in the most melodramatic, devastated voice that she could muster, "Do you know what my mom said about me? She said my hair looks like a big spider web" The mouths of the two women flew open and they turned and looked at me...and I stuttered and stammered an "I NEVER said that" but it didn't sound very believable...I absolutely couldn't believe that she would make up something like that...and I was shocked that she would be keen enough to say something intentionally to make me look bad!

We talked about it later and I told her that I wouldn't be able to trust her until she stopped telling all of these lies...she is full of them, really!!!!! I asked her how I could believe her and trust her when she would make up such stories...she nearly cried and told me "no more lies"...but I'm not sure whether or not to believe that...

On the flip side, she helped me clean the entire house on Sunday without as much as a wimper and she even changed Alex's diaper for me when I was cleaning out the bathtub! She came and got the wipes while I was cleaning it out and I assumed she was using them to clean her hands...then I came downstairs and she actually had changed him...and was so pleased with herself....

{sigh} Just a vent here to let it all out! Ahhhh, the joys of motherhood

Kris

I can sure relate to the story telling. It must be a 5 year old thing! I can't remember if I told this story before but I am currently waiting for Child Protective Services to show up at my door! Tyler was at preschool a few weeks ago and they had a policeman come to talk about safety issues. Tyler told this HUGE story about how we have a loaded gun in the house that belongs to his older brother. He knows that only his brother can shoot it with his dad but one day while mom and dad went out and left his big brother babysitting, Tyler took the gun outside and shot the house. He begged Jacob not to tell us and they put some of their toys in front of the hole in the house to hide it!!! etc. etc.

We don't even own a gun!!! I don't think I could find bullets for our Nerf guns! I was kept after school by the teacher to discuss with me the dangers of having loaded guns in my home. At first, she didn't believe Tyler but after asking him so many questions both the policeman and the teacher felt that it must be true because there were no holes in his story!!! He has a gift!!! Hopefully we got it all straightened out but I don't know what the policeman did, if anything, about it.

Sigh... the things kids can do...

Robin

Comment

OH EGADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin, I can SOOOOOOOOO relate to you! Last year in

pre-K Finny told her teachers that I locked her in a closet, etc, etc....she told all kinds of whoppers about mistreatment of sorts. The teachers were really cool with me for awhile and then one day we had a meeting and they told me about all of these tall tales and how concerned that they had been for her welfare for awhile...until the stories spilled over into her school life. She began accusing one teacher of putting her in the corner and kicking her, etc, etc...and they began paying closer attention to the stories and realized that they were just that...stories!

Finny loves drawing and story telling so we encourage her now by putting her drawings together, having her tell the story that goes along with them and then having them bound for 3.00 at Kinkos...and it seems to make a difference for her....

We just have two budding artists on our hands, Robin...It is going to be a bumpy road

I sure hope that the authorities don't come by...but....if they do I guess it will be one of those stories that you can torture him with when he is a famous author!

After halloween, I sent Andrew to school with magic marker all over his ears, neck and hands...I was too pooped to give him a bath after all of the festivities and Thomas put them to bed...he was SUPPOSED to wash their faces first ! When I dropped Andrew off at school in the morning I saw all of these black markingings everywhere and I almost died...I could only imagine what the teacher thought....I also considered that they'd probably be sending someone over to have a good look at the house

Let us know how it all works out...aren't kids great !

Kris

Comment

Thanks for the cheering up Kris! Our little storytellers are going to give us lots of stories to share to embarrass them when they are older! In the meantime, I guess I will be holding on for the ride! It is actually fun to tell Tyler stories because I have so many of them and it has shock power!! One look at Tyler and you can tell he is absolutely filled with mischief. It is extremely cute but very challenging! I did pick up his school pictures today and he is SO adorable. He grins from ear to ear with a look that he will be in trouble as soon as the picture is done.

I laughed about the marker all over your son's face! That is totally something that would happen to me. My husband likes to load the kids up in the van before I have a chance to check them out. Half of the time their hair doesn't get combed and they might suffer from color blindness from some of their clothes combinations! It does make life interesting though. Theses experiences make me smile (sometimes it takes a while before I feel like smiling!) but I have got to get better about writing all these experiences down in my journal. The time just keeps getting away from me.

Have a fun day!

Robin

Comment

Working...
        X