Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mommy Mush Brain?! :o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mommy Mush Brain?! :o

Am I the only one? I mean...my memory loss is unbelievable....I type a word and don't even know if I'm spelling it right anymore, lose my keys, forget appointments...I feel like my mind has unpeeled or something. Last week I was driving to pick up one of my children at school and they were discussing the date on the radio. When they said "2001" I thought "What a moron...it is 2000!" But it kept bothering me and I finally dug through the recesses of my mind and discovered that it INDEED is 2001...and I realized that if I had gone to the doctor and he had asked me the date that I would have said 2000! Is this mommy brain or do you think I have some early signs of dementia? Seriously...today I was chatting on line and wrote the word role...as in "my role in this" and it just looked funny to me and I thought that I had misspelled it...and it just freaked me out...I actually went to my word processing program and checked the spelling...am I reading too much into my memory loss?

What were we talking about?

Kris

Kris,
    Not to worry. I know many people who complain about this very thing. All with children,,jobs,spouses, etc. It is just life overload in my opinion. I have actually had the same experience with 2000 vs 2001 myself!!!!!

Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thank GOD, Luanne! Really, I've been worrying about it way too much. Thomas thinks it is just stress, but it is such an awful feeling to have someone ask me for my phone number and to just stand there.....duh! I had to call Amanda in sick a few weeks ago and I forgot her teacher's name!!! I was already on the phone with the office, and I must have sounded like a complete IDIOT!

Kris

Comment

Oh Kris,
        I'm on the floor laughing. I'm not just trying to make you feel better, I called the school for Caroline being out (she is in high school) and left the message saying it was about Amy (a college freshman). They thought I was crazy. The best part, I left the message at the school Amy graduated from LAST YEAR - which is NOT the same school Caroline goes to now.
        Luanne
        Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Maybe so, but I really hope not. Maybe just a bottle of chardonnay!!
          Luanne

Comment

You just made my day, Luanne!!! Thanks!! Maybe we need PET scans!!!

Kris

Comment

Save some for me!

Comment

OK, I saw this thread a while ago, meant to respond, and TOTALLY forgot. Nuff said! Mush brain here... And it happened the minute my kids were born. I forgot to feed them!

Comment

Working...
                X