Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

'nastics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'nastics

Friday mornings Alex and I headed over to kinder 'nastics (gymnastics) for the mommy and me class...Friday I was feeling particularly stressed and a bit depressed. I have a friend in there that I "hang" with every week....our children picked each other as best buddies and so we began talking.....She and I are pretty much known for gabbing the whole time and letting the kids sort of have fun instead of insisting on the rigid structure the coach is trying to implement and we just had a blast on Friday..we were bouncing on the tramps and goofing around....joking and laughing...even our kids looked at us funny.....she leaned into the foam pit to pull out one of Alex's socks for me at the end of the class and I pushed her in (insert innocent little emoticon here ). It took three people to pull her out and we laughed ourselves sick in the process....at the end of the class, the coach gave the little ones their handstamp of a christmas tree and then came to us and gave each of us one It was really silly, but it was so much fun!

Anyway, we've officially traded phone numbers now and are meeting for lunch with the kids on Wed...in addition, she's invited us to her house this week for dinner with hubbies...and the BEST news.....she has 4 children (I have three) and we've decided to co-op on the weekends now....we're going to discuss the details on Wednesday..but for us both it is a challenge to get out of the house as a couple with our husbands....

I'm really excited....

Kris

Kris,

That is awesome news Kris! It sounds like you have gotten around the initial awkward stage of making friends and have literally dived right in. I honestly can not say enough good things about the baby sitting cooperative. Besides having free babysitting occasionally, we have developed a relationship with another family.

Good for you!

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

That is great Kris. I used to have a friend that I shared babysitting with, and we even shared cooking. Usually once a week I would cook a double meal and give half to her and she would do the same. Also, we would swap leftovers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Wow...I love the swapping recipes thing too.....Kelly, you'll have to tell me sometime how you all organize/manage the childswap.......

We got together last Thursday for the first time and it was great...Linda made a huge German Feast and Thomas ate 4 helpings!!! She has very well-behaved children (she believes spare the rod and spoil the child! maybe that is where we went wrong?) and they were sooooo well-mannered!

Her husband has german parents and he is absolutely the spitting image of Thomas' dad at that age...seriously, I thought to myself "MY GOD..it's ADOLF" and when we got in hte car on the way home Thomas and I both said at the same time "didn't he look like..."....It was neat....and I think that we've made the first step towards the childcare...

In addition, Thomas and I will be starting going to church again...Thomas is catholic and wants to go there...they supposedly have all of these couple retreats, and Linda said that we'd take turns watching the kids for a weekend so that other coulple could take a turn........

Kris

Comment

Working...
        X