Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

christmas gifts for surgeons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yippee...thanks, Lisa...that is exactly what I am going to get Thomas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris

Comment

Kris, which thing are you going to get?

Lisa, great ideas! Another one is maybe a cell phone (for calling when they are late or stuck in traffic). If your husband loves techno gadgets, how about a Web camera for connecting with friends and family via the Internet (they are really cheap these days). Or a digital movie camera if he's the official family photographer (they've also come down in price).

Comment

Lisa, great ideas! Another one is maybe a cell phone (for calling when they are late or stuck in traffic). If your husband loves techno gadgets, how about a Web camera for connecting with friends and family via the Internet (they are really cheap these days). Or a digital movie camera if he's the official family photographer (they've also come down in price).

Comment

Comment

Oh, my husband would LOVE a digital movie camera! But, you know, my husband just bought a $5,000 laptop plus software, a printer and other stuff to go with it. He told me that that would be his Christmas present and I agreed since it took a big chunk out of his business expenses, which took a big chunk out of his salary. If I do get him anything else for Christmas, it will need to be relatively inexpensive.

Yay, Kristen!!!! I'm glad one of my ideas helped you!

Comment

Oh, my husband would LOVE a digital movie camera! But, you know, my husband just bought a $5,000 laptop plus software, a printer and other stuff to go with it. He told me that that would be his Christmas present and I agreed since it took a big chunk out of his business expenses, which took a big chunk out of his salary. If I do get him anything else for Christmas, it will need to be relatively inexpensive.

Comment

Comment

On the topic of gifts, I have to add that I have done something sort of different with my kids this year...I hope you all won't think that I am too cheap ...but I have taken each of my children out to Books-A-Million for "special time" and then we go over to the dollar store...and they get to pick out our Christmas gifts...for their siblings and for Thomas and I....Amanda picked out this Tommy Hilfiger perfume for Thomas for $1.....and they have little wooden puzzles, dress up stuff etc..for 1$. I will get them each something nice as well......but it saves money and they don't really know the difference. And they were so excited about it!!

Kris

Comment

On the topic of gifts, I have to add that I have done something sort of different with my kids this year...I hope you all won't think that I am too cheap ...but I have taken each of my children out to Books-A-Million for "special time" and then we go over to the dollar store...and they get to pick out our Christmas gifts...for their siblings and for Thomas and I....Amanda picked out this Tommy Hilfiger perfume for Thomas for $1.....and they have little wooden puzzles, dress up stuff etc..for 1$. I will get them each something nice as well......but it saves money and they don't really know the difference. And they were so excited about it!!

Kris

Comment

Kris

Comment

Kris, that's a GREAT idea! And you're right: they just have a blast picking something out and giving it to the person. It's about the thought of it and the spirit of giving. I think whatever people do, it's too bad when you blow your budget. Everyone thinks that because we've arrived at a partnership job, that we are loaded (comfortable, but with major debt). So, I am still trying to keep presents for my siblings under $30, the same as when I was a student! But it is fine that way.

Comment

Kris, that's a GREAT idea! And you're right: they just have a blast picking something out and giving it to the person. It's about the thought of it and the spirit of giving. I think whatever people do, it's too bad when you blow your budget. Everyone thinks that because we've arrived at a partnership job, that we are loaded (comfortable, but with major debt). So, I am still trying to keep presents for my siblings under $30, the same as when I was a student! But it is fine that way.

Comment

Comment

One thing you could get for your husband would be some accessory that would go with his laptop. I know computers are expensive, especially laptops, but where would we be without them!

I told my husband last year that his computer (which I am typing on now...) was his birthday present (even though he claimed it as a business expense through his corporate account). I teased him about his company buying him a bday present.

Comment

One thing you could get for your husband would be some accessory that would go with his laptop. I know computers are expensive, especially laptops, but where would we be without them!

I told my husband last year that his computer (which I am typing on now...) was his birthday present (even though he claimed it as a business expense through his corporate account). I teased him about his company buying him a bday present.

Comment

Working...
                                X