Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

We found out the scoop on Jon's military residency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe...who knows. my fiance is actually doing his "civilian" residency right now. we went through the anxious few weeks where we didn't know if the military was going to snatch him or not last year! what a nervous wreck i was! he really wanted to do a civilian residency. he is also with the air force like your husband!

what i am hoping is that by some freak chance they will not need him when he is done in 3 and a half years. the military is OK i guess - i just want to hurry up and move back to NC where we are both from. if they do take him, we'll make the best out of it -- do you know if you get to choose which base you want??

it's sort of like a hidden stress b/c we don't really talk about it much b/c he's realistic about it and i'm more idealistic like 'awww, they won't need you' -- yeah, right!!

Comment

maybe...who knows. my fiance is actually doing his "civilian" residency right now. we went through the anxious few weeks where we didn't know if the military was going to snatch him or not last year! what a nervous wreck i was! he really wanted to do a civilian residency. he is also with the air force like your husband!

what i am hoping is that by some freak chance they will not need him when he is done in 3 and a half years. the military is OK i guess - i just want to hurry up and move back to NC where we are both from. if they do take him, we'll make the best out of it -- do you know if you get to choose which base you want??

it's sort of like a hidden stress b/c we don't really talk about it much b/c he's realistic about it and i'm more idealistic like 'awww, they won't need you' -- yeah, right!!

Comment

Comment

According to what my husband was told, the Air Force REALLY needs doctors right now (maybe because of high turnovers?) In fact, he thinks they will take him before he can do a fellowship because they need radiologists so badly. I think your best bet might be to have him go to a lot of rock concerts and go a bit deaf - that should disqualify him!

Comment

According to what my husband was told, the Air Force REALLY needs doctors right now (maybe because of high turnovers?) In fact, he thinks they will take him before he can do a fellowship because they need radiologists so badly. I think your best bet might be to have him go to a lot of rock concerts and go a bit deaf - that should disqualify him!

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X