Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Christmas Plans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Plans...

Can you believe that we have barely over a week until christmas is here? I have barely begun my shopping.....(I did get the cappuchino machine for Thomas, Lisa!!)

Do you all have any holiday plans? My mom is going to try and fly out here standby to celebrate with us....I can't wait...

Kris

Can you believe that we have barely over a week until christmas is here? I have barely begun my shopping.....(I did get the cappuchino machine for Thomas, Lisa!!)

Do you all have any holiday plans? My mom is going to try and fly out here standby to celebrate with us....I can't wait...

Kris

Comment

Kris

Comment

It's really closing in, isn't it?

My whole family is coming down Christmas Day (brother, sister, nieces, nephews, grandparents, etc.) and I'm cooking Christmas dinner. I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm starting to feel the stress of getting everything ready in time. I hope Thomas enjoys his gift!

Oh well, I'm sure we'll all survive!

Comment

My whole family is coming down Christmas Day (brother, sister, nieces, nephews, grandparents, etc.) and I'm cooking Christmas dinner. I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm starting to feel the stress of getting everything ready in time. I hope Thomas enjoys his gift!

Comment

Comment

Isn't it wonderful when family can come and celebrate with you for Christmas? My sister is flying from Ottawa to be with us. She told my mother that I shouldn't be alone. Andrew is on call! So, I'll have my sister, who is like a best friend, and I'm so happy about that. We'll sit by the fireplace and play with the girls. We'll make a turkey and Andrew is going to try and sneak home for some (we're only a few minutes from the hospital).

Does anyone out there hate stuffing a bird as much as I do? I love roasting it and making the stuffing, but I can't stand stuffing it! It creeps me out and I can't seem to get used to it, no matter how many years I have done it, which isn't that many!

Comment

Isn't it wonderful when family can come and celebrate with you for Christmas? My sister is flying from Ottawa to be with us. She told my mother that I shouldn't be alone. Andrew is on call! So, I'll have my sister, who is like a best friend, and I'm so happy about that. We'll sit by the fireplace and play with the girls. We'll make a turkey and Andrew is going to try and sneak home for some (we're only a few minutes from the hospital).

Does anyone out there hate stuffing a bird as much as I do? I love roasting it and making the stuffing, but I can't stand stuffing it! It creeps me out and I can't seem to get used to it, no matter how many years I have done it, which isn't that many!

Comment

Comment

I've only stuffed my turkey once. I usually roast it and make the dressing in a separate pan. I think my family likes it better that way. This year I'm also making a pan of oyster dressing, since my whole family is coming. I, my dad, my brother and grandparents love it, so I'll have a reason to make it this year.

I'm trying to think of some different vegetables to make this year. We usually have broccoli casserole (I made that for Thanksgiving) and I'm ready for something different. I have a good recipe for spinach/artichoke casserole, which I really like, but my dad doesn't like spinach, so I'm trying to think of something else. Squash casserole is always good too.

What else are you cooking?

Comment

I've only stuffed my turkey once. I usually roast it and make the dressing in a separate pan. I think my family likes it better that way. This year I'm also making a pan of oyster dressing, since my whole family is coming. I, my dad, my brother and grandparents love it, so I'll have a reason to make it this year.

I'm trying to think of some different vegetables to make this year. We usually have broccoli casserole (I made that for Thanksgiving) and I'm ready for something different. I have a good recipe for spinach/artichoke casserole, which I really like, but my dad doesn't like spinach, so I'm trying to think of something else. Squash casserole is always good too.

Comment

Comment

OK, this may sound odd, but ever since I was little our traditional "feast" was on Christmas Eve and we made homemade pizzas! My dad started it because he makes EXCELLENT pizzas. That morning we mix the dough and let it rise all day. That evening everyone ends up with their own pizza to decorate (so to speak). We usually end up with six to eight HUGE 3" thick pizzas of every variety of toppings (my husband goes for the pineapple-Canadian bacon, my mom is spinach-broccoli, I am sausage, my dad puts every meat on their he can, etc.). So, to get rid of all of these wonderful pizzas, we have an informal "party" and invite family friends over. We never know who is coming or how it will turn out and it makes it all fun! Plus (and this is the best part) we have a ready made breakfast for Christmas morning (the BEST pizza in the world cold or reheated - it is very good)!

Comment

OK, this may sound odd, but ever since I was little our traditional "feast" was on Christmas Eve and we made homemade pizzas! My dad started it because he makes EXCELLENT pizzas. That morning we mix the dough and let it rise all day. That evening everyone ends up with their own pizza to decorate (so to speak). We usually end up with six to eight HUGE 3" thick pizzas of every variety of toppings (my husband goes for the pineapple-Canadian bacon, my mom is spinach-broccoli, I am sausage, my dad puts every meat on their he can, etc.). So, to get rid of all of these wonderful pizzas, we have an informal "party" and invite family friends over. We never know who is coming or how it will turn out and it makes it all fun! Plus (and this is the best part) we have a ready made breakfast for Christmas morning (the BEST pizza in the world cold or reheated - it is very good)!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X