Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Claudia, how's your thesis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claudia, how's your thesis?

Hi there, Claudia! I have been wondering how your work is going on your thesis. Have you been finding interesting things in your research? I found that stage of my thesis so energizing. It helped counterbalance the countless nights I sat up until 3 a.m. trying to blast out my first draft. All that reading, all that typing, all those late nights--and NO INTERNET to provide a break! I think I bought Visine by the case during that time...

Hi there, Claudia! I have been wondering how your work is going on your thesis. Have you been finding interesting things in your research? I found that stage of my thesis so energizing. It helped counterbalance the countless nights I sat up until 3 a.m. trying to blast out my first draft. All that reading, all that typing, all those late nights--and NO INTERNET to provide a break! I think I bought Visine by the case during that time...

Comment

Comment

janet:
        thanks for asking!!! oh wow - school is just a killer right now. i have one exam tomorrow at 8am and it's in an undergrad class that i am taking for grad credit so it's one of those silly essay exams that i have no idea how to study for because i am so used to writing papers....and papers is what i have been doing for the last two weeks and i'm so burnt out! i turned in a semi-draft of my thesis prospectus monday in my tv studies class but i was soo--ooooo unhappy with it. we'll see what she says about it, but i was just mortified to turn it in. and i have three more papers to turn in before sunday night that are incompletes from last year. sooooooo -- i just want to go christmas shopping and read a good book and get married and all of that fun stuff!!!!!!! ha -- sorry to be such a downer!!! it will be over on tuesday afternoon! that is my ray of light!

how are things with you?? i'm starting to get a little tense about job searching. how did you find your job or were you living there at the time? i just have no idea what is in memphis and how i will find an enjoyable job - and that is so important to me!

tell me how the girls are doing!! what is on their christmas list?

take care!!
        claudia

Comment

janet:
          thanks for asking!!! oh wow - school is just a killer right now. i have one exam tomorrow at 8am and it's in an undergrad class that i am taking for grad credit so it's one of those silly essay exams that i have no idea how to study for because i am so used to writing papers....and papers is what i have been doing for the last two weeks and i'm so burnt out! i turned in a semi-draft of my thesis prospectus monday in my tv studies class but i was soo--ooooo unhappy with it. we'll see what she says about it, but i was just mortified to turn it in. and i have three more papers to turn in before sunday night that are incompletes from last year. sooooooo -- i just want to go christmas shopping and read a good book and get married and all of that fun stuff!!!!!!! ha -- sorry to be such a downer!!! it will be over on tuesday afternoon! that is my ray of light!

how are things with you?? i'm starting to get a little tense about job searching. how did you find your job or were you living there at the time? i just have no idea what is in memphis and how i will find an enjoyable job - and that is so important to me!

take care!!
          claudia

Comment

janet:

take care!!
            claudia

Comment

Claudia, I remember how it was when you had every hour mapped out and decided you could spend so much time on this assignment, another chunk of time studying for an exam, and on and on! STRESS!!! Anyway, keep working.

The prospectus? Well, just explain to your advisor you were maxed out and that there were other things you wanted to "explore" but didn't have time. Jot down your thoughts and then at least he/she will know it was only a matter of lack of time and not brain cells!

Email me with your email address (I can't find it, as those older messages get deleted automatically), and then I can give you some ideas on job hunting and tell you what worked for me. The writing/communications field is tough and competitive, but you CAN break into it!!!

Talk to you later...
              Janet (jgranskou@usa.net)

Comment

Claudia, I remember how it was when you had every hour mapped out and decided you could spend so much time on this assignment, another chunk of time studying for an exam, and on and on! STRESS!!! Anyway, keep working.

The prospectus? Well, just explain to your advisor you were maxed out and that there were other things you wanted to "explore" but didn't have time. Jot down your thoughts and then at least he/she will know it was only a matter of lack of time and not brain cells!

Email me with your email address (I can't find it, as those older messages get deleted automatically), and then I can give you some ideas on job hunting and tell you what worked for me. The writing/communications field is tough and competitive, but you CAN break into it!!!

Talk to you later...

Comment

Talk to you later...

Comment

Claudia,

Man, do I relate!!!!! I just turned in a paper on Monday that was not my best work...but I am sooooooo BURNT out! I have my final for this course on Friday and I haven't even looked at anything...I am just so ready for the semester to be behind me!!!!!

I find that the end of the semesters are just such stressful times...I am snapping at everyone and personalizing everything. I have been doing most of my work for my course at night when everyone is asleep and so I have only been getting a few hours of sleep...and I am beginning to feel a bit depressed and "bitchy"....I am definately going to celebrate Friday night!!!

During the break thought I have to start writing my thesis...it sort of feels like the stress never ends!!

I cant' remember..are you set up to graduate now or in the Spring?

Kris

Comment

Claudia,

Man, do I relate!!!!! I just turned in a paper on Monday that was not my best work...but I am sooooooo BURNT out! I have my final for this course on Friday and I haven't even looked at anything...I am just so ready for the semester to be behind me!!!!!

I find that the end of the semesters are just such stressful times...I am snapping at everyone and personalizing everything. I have been doing most of my work for my course at night when everyone is asleep and so I have only been getting a few hours of sleep...and I am beginning to feel a bit depressed and "bitchy"....I am definately going to celebrate Friday night!!!

During the break thought I have to start writing my thesis...it sort of feels like the stress never ends!!

Kris

Comment

Claudia,

Kris

Comment

Hi, Claudia! I was born and raised in Memphis! I am even going there for Christmas this year- my parents are there! I would be glad to try to answer any questions you may have like where to live, hospitals, whatever. The annual Memphis in May celebration is great, BBQ fest, Beale Street, the Sunset Symphony, movies in the park, Prince Mongo, the Zoo. Hey - I can even tell you where the Potter Barn Outlet is! Pottery Barn has a distribution center in Memphis and you can get some AWESOME deals at the outlet store! I have an $800 sleigh bed I got there for $150.00! Let me know if you would like some info!

~Amy

PS - if you like the artsy "underground" stuff, check out the Memphis Flyer. It is a weekly publication that is on the net, too. I think it is memphisflyer.com. It can at least give you a perspective of Memphis that you will not find in the Commercial Appeal.

Comment

Hi, Claudia! I was born and raised in Memphis! I am even going there for Christmas this year- my parents are there! I would be glad to try to answer any questions you may have like where to live, hospitals, whatever. The annual Memphis in May celebration is great, BBQ fest, Beale Street, the Sunset Symphony, movies in the park, Prince Mongo, the Zoo. Hey - I can even tell you where the Potter Barn Outlet is! Pottery Barn has a distribution center in Memphis and you can get some AWESOME deals at the outlet store! I have an $800 sleigh bed I got there for $150.00! Let me know if you would like some info!

~Amy

PS - if you like the artsy "underground" stuff, check out the Memphis Flyer. It is a weekly publication that is on the net, too. I think it is memphisflyer.com. It can at least give you a perspective of Memphis that you will not find in the Commercial Appeal.

Comment

~Amy

Comment

Working...
                              X