Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Just Starting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Starting!

Lynn, you are right about having lots in common! Yes, we do all have experiences at different times. I guess I did travel and had that "personal time" freedom before I had children. I find that is one of the things I miss and have had trouble adjusting to at times: the ability to just pick up and go where I want to when I want to. It takes me 45 minutes to get the kids ready, tackle them into their winter coats, shoes and mittens, and pack them into the car. By the time I'm starting the car, I'm ready for a nap!!! But really, they are such a joy to me, just so exhausting...

I think there are benefits to having children younger, and benefits to having them later... just different ones. Yep, I've been with my husband nine years! Seems like such a long time, but really it's flown by so fast. We met when he was in second year med school. Wow, has he changed since then. Back then he was still saying things like "I want to help people" and "this is what I want to do". Now, after being hammered by residency, he says that the price of training may have been too high. But I still think that he is in the recovery phase. Recovering from residency, recovering from failing the board exams, and recovering from the long, long road to where we are today. Maybe he's just tired. I just hope that practicing gives him some breathing space and some resources to recover a bit and get back some of that youthful glee I found so wonderful in him. Wow, have I rambled! Maybe it's because it's 3:50 a.m., and I can't sleep after being woken up by both twins...

Lynn, you are right about having lots in common! Yes, we do all have experiences at different times. I guess I did travel and had that "personal time" freedom before I had children. I find that is one of the things I miss and have had trouble adjusting to at times: the ability to just pick up and go where I want to when I want to. It takes me 45 minutes to get the kids ready, tackle them into their winter coats, shoes and mittens, and pack them into the car. By the time I'm starting the car, I'm ready for a nap!!! But really, they are such a joy to me, just so exhausting...

I think there are benefits to having children younger, and benefits to having them later... just different ones. Yep, I've been with my husband nine years! Seems like such a long time, but really it's flown by so fast. We met when he was in second year med school. Wow, has he changed since then. Back then he was still saying things like "I want to help people" and "this is what I want to do". Now, after being hammered by residency, he says that the price of training may have been too high. But I still think that he is in the recovery phase. Recovering from residency, recovering from failing the board exams, and recovering from the long, long road to where we are today. Maybe he's just tired. I just hope that practicing gives him some breathing space and some resources to recover a bit and get back some of that youthful glee I found so wonderful in him. Wow, have I rambled! Maybe it's because it's 3:50 a.m., and I can't sleep after being woken up by both twins...

Comment

Comment

"Just starting the rest of our life",hmmmm.very interesting Janet.I think us 2 must be the oldest here but trust me...i didn't blink an eye at turning 40 but as for 50...God...don't mention that number again!LOL But yanno as differnt as we are i think we have just as much in common.Even tho phill's been a doctor 20years don't forget this is all new to me!I've only been with him for 4years now whereas you've been with your hubby how many years??and went thru all the hard stuff with him.I got phill at the *easy part...if you can call any part of being a doctor easy!LOLHe was on call again last night so he's snoring away right now.For you you think your life is just starting because of just having babies at your age...and it is...but i also feel like mine is just starting because my child rearing days are over!(cept for babysitting all the time)All the traveling and fun we have now is because our kids are grown but maybe you got to do alot of that when you were young and didn't have kids??Maybe you already know what i'm learning now and i already know what you are now learning??Strange isn't it??It makes me stop and think about life.And the funny thing about phill and i is we feel very young...we both think and act and play like were 20year olds!But we never got to play at that age.I think we all may have more in common then we really know.Life really is an earth school,and boy the things we learn!

Lynn

Comment

"Just starting the rest of our life",hmmmm.very interesting Janet.I think us 2 must be the oldest here but trust me...i didn't blink an eye at turning 40 but as for 50...God...don't mention that number again!LOL But yanno as differnt as we are i think we have just as much in common.Even tho phill's been a doctor 20years don't forget this is all new to me!I've only been with him for 4years now whereas you've been with your hubby how many years??and went thru all the hard stuff with him.I got phill at the *easy part...if you can call any part of being a doctor easy!LOLHe was on call again last night so he's snoring away right now.For you you think your life is just starting because of just having babies at your age...and it is...but i also feel like mine is just starting because my child rearing days are over!(cept for babysitting all the time)All the traveling and fun we have now is because our kids are grown but maybe you got to do alot of that when you were young and didn't have kids??Maybe you already know what i'm learning now and i already know what you are now learning??Strange isn't it??It makes me stop and think about life.And the funny thing about phill and i is we feel very young...we both think and act and play like were 20year olds!But we never got to play at that age.I think we all may have more in common then we really know.Life really is an earth school,and boy the things we learn!

Lynn

Comment

Lynn

Comment

Working...
            X