Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Claudia, update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claudia, update!

Hi Claudia!

How are the plans for you wedding going? Are you swamped with things to do, or have you been able to simplify things?

Janet

Hi Claudia!

How are the plans for you wedding going? Are you swamped with things to do, or have you been able to simplify things?

Janet

Comment

Hi Claudia!

Janet

Comment

hey janet! and everyone!

things have calmed down as of *yesterday* to be exact!

i dropped one of my seminars that was taking up way too much time & i didn't need it to graduate - so, it seemed like the logical decision. and i feel a lot better now!

however, because of that seminar and that play a few weeks ago - i neglected my thesis prospectus (sorry kristen! i'm not keeping up with you!) aaaaaaand i have a meeting with my advisor thursday and she said "you will have some written material, right?" and i was like uh, i guess so now! ha! so i'm trying to whip something out between now and then - so after my meeting with her on thursday whether it is good or bad, things should calm down a LOT.

wedding plans are come and go. there was some guest list trauma last week but that has been resolved for the moment! i just CANNOT WAIT to get in my dress that i love and walk down that aisle and marry that man!! and go on our honeymoon!! we went to a wedding last weekend (he flew in and out!) and it was so beautiful!! now i really can't wait!! which is why it is so hard to concentrate on school!!!!!!!

so, all in all - things are great. i'm trying to keep everything in perspective. the thesis is not my life - i will have a wonderful, fulfilling life if it stinks or if it is never finished (of course, i will finish! ha!) but i have to tell myself that several times a day!!

how are you??? how are the girls?? i saw some adorable bunny slippers online at a store the other day -- they were so cute! it gave me baby fever!!

kristen - how is THE paper??

everyone else -- how are you????

claudia

p.s. can you tell i had some trouble registering on this site??!!

Comment

hey janet! and everyone!

i dropped one of my seminars that was taking up way too much time & i didn't need it to graduate - so, it seemed like the logical decision. and i feel a lot better now!

however, because of that seminar and that play a few weeks ago - i neglected my thesis prospectus (sorry kristen! i'm not keeping up with you!) aaaaaaand i have a meeting with my advisor thursday and she said "you will have some written material, right?" and i was like uh, i guess so now! ha! so i'm trying to whip something out between now and then - so after my meeting with her on thursday whether it is good or bad, things should calm down a LOT.

wedding plans are come and go. there was some guest list trauma last week but that has been resolved for the moment! i just CANNOT WAIT to get in my dress that i love and walk down that aisle and marry that man!! and go on our honeymoon!! we went to a wedding last weekend (he flew in and out!) and it was so beautiful!! now i really can't wait!! which is why it is so hard to concentrate on school!!!!!!!

so, all in all - things are great. i'm trying to keep everything in perspective. the thesis is not my life - i will have a wonderful, fulfilling life if it stinks or if it is never finished (of course, i will finish! ha!) but i have to tell myself that several times a day!!

how are you??? how are the girls?? i saw some adorable bunny slippers online at a store the other day -- they were so cute! it gave me baby fever!!

claudia

Comment

hey janet! and everyone!

claudia

Comment

Claudia,

Dropping that seminar might have eased your load a bit!!! I am considering dropping one of my unnecessary ones that is bogging me down with busy-work...the only reason I am not yet is that it is still an "easy" course.

Thesis, thesis....well, I have been working on it periodically and have written about...a page a week. I know it isn't very productive, but I am telling myself that it is better than nothing. I am at least organizing my thoughts. But the problem I am having is that I simply don't have a ton of enthusiasm about my subject....I am writing a 15 page paper for my neuro course that I feel much more inspired about...I am worried that my lack of inspiration will come through on my thesis...but at the same time, I just don't care...I want to just have the blasted thing written!!!!

Know what I mean?????!!!!!

Kris

Comment

Claudia,

Dropping that seminar might have eased your load a bit!!! I am considering dropping one of my unnecessary ones that is bogging me down with busy-work...the only reason I am not yet is that it is still an "easy" course.

Thesis, thesis....well, I have been working on it periodically and have written about...a page a week. I know it isn't very productive, but I am telling myself that it is better than nothing. I am at least organizing my thoughts. But the problem I am having is that I simply don't have a ton of enthusiasm about my subject....I am writing a 15 page paper for my neuro course that I feel much more inspired about...I am worried that my lack of inspiration will come through on my thesis...but at the same time, I just don't care...I want to just have the blasted thing written!!!!

Kris

Comment

Claudia,

Kris

Comment

Working...
                  X