Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

moms (or others) i need your opinion on storytimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moms (or others) i need your opinion on storytimes

all right, ladies: i need your expert opinion. i blindly agreed to do an "amelia bedelia" storytime tomorrow at a large bookstore and didn't realize that my schedule would be crazy during this month. sooooo, i obviously can't back out. i also know the woman who organizes these events and she is a doll. this is the dilemma: she has me under our storytelling troupe name from school and that is when we go out and PERFORM the stories. . .like we have them memorized, sometimes work in teams, etc - obviously that won't happen by tomorrow.

so what can i do that is MORE than just reading the story but LESS than a full-blown performance? any tips from storytimes you have seen?

THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY STORYTELLING HEART!

all right, ladies: i need your expert opinion. i blindly agreed to do an "amelia bedelia" storytime tomorrow at a large bookstore and didn't realize that my schedule would be crazy during this month. sooooo, i obviously can't back out. i also know the woman who organizes these events and she is a doll. this is the dilemma: she has me under our storytelling troupe name from school and that is when we go out and PERFORM the stories. . .like we have them memorized, sometimes work in teams, etc - obviously that won't happen by tomorrow.

so what can i do that is MORE than just reading the story but LESS than a full-blown performance? any tips from storytimes you have seen?

Comment

Comment

Wow, Claudia, you mean you go and actually Perform the stories? I am impressed, to say the least! Hmmmm...I think that a lot of it depends on the age group of the children...if you don't have time, I say dress up like Amelia and bringing along a few props...sit in a chair in front of them and just read it with a lot of expression (I have the feeling you are quite good at that!) I think that you will be great...don't sweat it. Kids just like for you to come and spend time reading...their expectations aren't quite as high.

Kristen

Comment

Wow, Claudia, you mean you go and actually Perform the stories? I am impressed, to say the least! Hmmmm...I think that a lot of it depends on the age group of the children...if you don't have time, I say dress up like Amelia and bringing along a few props...sit in a chair in front of them and just read it with a lot of expression (I have the feeling you are quite good at that!) I think that you will be great...don't sweat it. Kids just like for you to come and spend time reading...their expectations aren't quite as high.

Kristen

Comment

Kristen

Comment

Working...
            X