Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

woah - overwhelmed *again*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy! Can I relate to this stuff. I have never been in a long distance relationship, yet my life feels like it is sometimes. Finding the time to connect to a medical spouse in training or out is difficult and it is doesn't count just being in the same room together.

Claudia, I was in your boat one year ago but we lived together. It was still overwhelming. You have the added stress of not being able to reach out to your fiance like I had. I agree with Kristen. Start thinking about your honeymoon if you can. I was adamant about having one week to ourselves before entering into another demanding phase of our lives. We are both glad that we had that the relaxation. It was a blast!

The skills you have gained from the long distance and time apart will be useful during the episodes and nasty rotations that keep your husband from being at home. That part gets hard at times as well. Adrienne mentioned being a medical widow. I have been feeling like that lately and haven't coped with it well. Of course, I blame half of it on my hormones being out of wack. I hope tomorrow looks better!

Jennifer

Needs

Comment

Oh boy! Can I relate to this stuff. I have never been in a long distance relationship, yet my life feels like it is sometimes. Finding the time to connect to a medical spouse in training or out is difficult and it is doesn't count just being in the same room together.

Claudia, I was in your boat one year ago but we lived together. It was still overwhelming. You have the added stress of not being able to reach out to your fiance like I had. I agree with Kristen. Start thinking about your honeymoon if you can. I was adamant about having one week to ourselves before entering into another demanding phase of our lives. We are both glad that we had that the relaxation. It was a blast!

The skills you have gained from the long distance and time apart will be useful during the episodes and nasty rotations that keep your husband from being at home. That part gets hard at times as well. Adrienne mentioned being a medical widow. I have been feeling like that lately and haven't coped with it well. Of course, I blame half of it on my hormones being out of wack. I hope tomorrow looks better!

Jennifer

Needs

Comment

Jennifer

Needs

Comment

Working...
        X