Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Well, he's gone for a month...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, he's gone for a month...

Rick's next rotation is at an Army base three hours away. It'll be an interesting change of pace for him and he's looking forward to being back on an Army base. (rather than the Air Force base where he spends most of his time now) It'll be nice for him to have some personal space time, too. This is no big deal for us, as he was gone for nine of the 14 months we dated! I can do one month- the six months apart was a pain! I will be spending the next few weeks packing up thehouse and getting ready to move. We're going to settlement 3/21 and the movers come 3/24. I can't wait. 700 square feet is a little bit too small. I don't know how we survived in my 500 sq foot condo we shared during med school. I can't wait.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.

Jenn

Rick's next rotation is at an Army base three hours away. It'll be an interesting change of pace for him and he's looking forward to being back on an Army base. (rather than the Air Force base where he spends most of his time now) It'll be nice for him to have some personal space time, too. This is no big deal for us, as he was gone for nine of the 14 months we dated! I can do one month- the six months apart was a pain! I will be spending the next few weeks packing up thehouse and getting ready to move. We're going to settlement 3/21 and the movers come 3/24. I can't wait. 700 square feet is a little bit too small. I don't know how we survived in my 500 sq foot condo we shared during med school. I can't wait.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn

Comment

Sounds like you will have lots to keep you busy during the next month. Packing is a big task.

I am not familiar with military lingo. So what is settlement? Are you waiting for the Match Day?

Good Luck. Jennifer
        Needs

Comment

Sounds like you will have lots to keep you busy during the next month. Packing is a big task.

I am not familiar with military lingo. So what is settlement? Are you waiting for the Match Day?

Good Luck. Jennifer
          Needs

Comment

Good Luck. Jennifer
            Needs

Comment

Where are you guys moving to? I never had Thomas gone for an entire month....what a bummer! I guess you all experience that more frequently in the military...

Are you all planning on getting out once he has repaid his debt or are you thinking of staying on?

Kris

Comment

Where are you guys moving to? I never had Thomas gone for an entire month....what a bummer! I guess you all experience that more frequently in the military...

Are you all planning on getting out once he has repaid his debt or are you thinking of staying on?

Kris

Comment

Kris

Comment

First- settlement- we're buying a house (only two more weeks!!)

Second- we're probably going to stay in. Rick was enlisted four 4 years to pay for undergrad and then was at USUHS for another 4 years- so add in the residency and the possible fellowship plus the 7 years he owes- might as well stay until he's eligible for retirement. Besides, we both like the adventure of moving and we both like the security of the military lifestyle. and- I like that uniform!!

Jenn

Comment

Second- we're probably going to stay in. Rick was enlisted four 4 years to pay for undergrad and then was at USUHS for another 4 years- so add in the residency and the possible fellowship plus the 7 years he owes- might as well stay until he's eligible for retirement. Besides, we both like the adventure of moving and we both like the security of the military lifestyle. and- I like that uniform!!

Jenn

Comment

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X