Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

OK, does anyone else watch ER? Fess up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, does anyone else watch ER? Fess up!

I tape episodes and watch them on call nights b/c my husband can't stand that show. It's almost like a closet habit, but I always end up asking him about some detail (like, 'could you really do a tracheotomy with a swiss army knife and a pen? 'cuz George Clooney did'). It sort of makes you feel like you have some idea what they're doing on call, though. So am I crazy or does anyone else like that show - what about the md's in the family?

PS: That's one of the up-sides of call nights: I get to watch stupid TV or go to bed the second my kids do and leave the dishes. Tom feels so bad that I have to take care of both kids all night and get them off to school in the morning without him so I can get to work that he rarely has the gall to complain about dishes or unfolded laundry. He knows the answer would be 'go ahead and do them then!' Although last night he folded laundry and actually pointed out to me that he deserved thanks for folding 'my' laundry. I think I had two shirts and maybe a pair of socks in there - it's 90% baby towels and clothes, 10% his socks. But I digress.

Kaaren

I tape episodes and watch them on call nights b/c my husband can't stand that show. It's almost like a closet habit, but I always end up asking him about some detail (like, 'could you really do a tracheotomy with a swiss army knife and a pen? 'cuz George Clooney did'). It sort of makes you feel like you have some idea what they're doing on call, though. So am I crazy or does anyone else like that show - what about the md's in the family?

PS: That's one of the up-sides of call nights: I get to watch stupid TV or go to bed the second my kids do and leave the dishes. Tom feels so bad that I have to take care of both kids all night and get them off to school in the morning without him so I can get to work that he rarely has the gall to complain about dishes or unfolded laundry. He knows the answer would be 'go ahead and do them then!' Although last night he folded laundry and actually pointed out to me that he deserved thanks for folding 'my' laundry. I think I had two shirts and maybe a pair of socks in there - it's 90% baby towels and clothes, 10% his socks. But I digress.

Kaaren

Comment

Kaaren

Comment

Our laundry/ironing situation sounds similar!

I used to watch ER religiously, but I stopped this last year because I never knew when it was going to be a re-run and when it would be a new episode, and I have been so busy studying at night that I would miss the previous weeks episode...so now I reserve Tuesday nights for "Trauma LIfe in the ER" and "Delivery Room"(I think thats the name of it?) I don't have to have seen the prior show to follow the story....

Comment

I used to watch ER religiously, but I stopped this last year because I never knew when it was going to be a re-run and when it would be a new episode, and I have been so busy studying at night that I would miss the previous weeks episode...so now I reserve Tuesday nights for "Trauma LIfe in the ER" and "Delivery Room"(I think thats the name of it?) I don't have to have seen the prior show to follow the story....

Comment

Comment

I have watched ER since it began many years ago. The last two years I have gotten my husband hooked on it too. We watch it together usually. The show can't go by without him yelling at the screen that they are giving wrong meds or performing the wrong procedures. I get a kick out of it. I like watching it with him because I can ask him lots of questions.

Other hospital/ER shows he doesn't get into as much and begins to think he is at work. I of course find myself watching them when he isn't around.

Jennifer
              Needs

Comment

I have watched ER since it began many years ago. The last two years I have gotten my husband hooked on it too. We watch it together usually. The show can't go by without him yelling at the screen that they are giving wrong meds or performing the wrong procedures. I get a kick out of it. I like watching it with him because I can ask him lots of questions.

Other hospital/ER shows he doesn't get into as much and begins to think he is at work. I of course find myself watching them when he isn't around.

Jennifer
                Needs

Comment

Jennifer
                  Needs

Comment

I used to watch er with a whole group of friends- actually we'd do the whole thursday Night Line-up- order in pizzas and drink beer. But now that we're here- not so much any more. (although Noah Wylie is on my top five list...)

I like Trauma and Delivery on TLC- Rick pretends to not watch and then I hear him from his office- "what's going on, what are they doing" or commenting on what he would do, etc.

Jenn

Comment

I used to watch er with a whole group of friends- actually we'd do the whole thursday Night Line-up- order in pizzas and drink beer. But now that we're here- not so much any more. (although Noah Wylie is on my top five list...)

I like Trauma and Delivery on TLC- Rick pretends to not watch and then I hear him from his office- "what's going on, what are they doing" or commenting on what he would do, etc.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X