Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

postpartum question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• postpartum question

Ok, all you moms out there, I have a question for you. Did you ever get cramps while you were breastfeeding? I mean period-type cramps. Genevieve is over 5 months now and I'm loving still not having periods when all of a sudden, bam! Big-time cramps. So is this normal? I didn't breastfeed this long with the first baby, so this is new to me. Just tell me it doesn't mean I'm pregnant!

Kaaren

Ok, all you moms out there, I have a question for you. Did you ever get cramps while you were breastfeeding? I mean period-type cramps. Genevieve is over 5 months now and I'm loving still not having periods when all of a sudden, bam! Big-time cramps. So is this normal? I didn't breastfeed this long with the first baby, so this is new to me. Just tell me it doesn't mean I'm pregnant!

Kaaren

Comment

Kaaren

Comment

Hi Karen....it's been a looooong time for me...20years since i last breastfed!LOLBut yes...that is the one thing i'll NEVER forget....the cramps!Yes i got cramps *bigtime while i was breastfeeding.I can remember it well just thinking about it now!LOLI guess it must be normal....and bet some of the others will say they had cramps too.Looking back i have to say .......just enjoy it...it's all over so fast and they are grownup before you know it.Can't wait till you all start asking about teenagers.You think little kids are hard...wait till the teen years.I still can't believe i lived thru it!LOL

Lynn

Comment

Hi Karen....it's been a looooong time for me...20years since i last breastfed!LOLBut yes...that is the one thing i'll NEVER forget....the cramps!Yes i got cramps *bigtime while i was breastfeeding.I can remember it well just thinking about it now!LOLI guess it must be normal....and bet some of the others will say they had cramps too.Looking back i have to say .......just enjoy it...it's all over so fast and they are grownup before you know it.Can't wait till you all start asking about teenagers.You think little kids are hard...wait till the teen years.I still can't believe i lived thru it!LOL

Lynn

Comment

Lynn

Comment

Kaaren,

I didn't get my period for 15 months when I was nursing Alex....but I had them within 6 weeks for Andrew and Amanda. I think that our bodies just react differently to different pregnancies? (If I were you I would probably run out and grab an over-the-counter test to be sure ) Wouldn't that be a surprise!!!!!!!!!!

I did have cramping when I nursed. I don't remember it lasting up to 5 months though...maybe you should go and see your OB?

I vote that you run and get an EPT or something just for peace-of-mind.

Kris

Comment

Kaaren,

I didn't get my period for 15 months when I was nursing Alex....but I had them within 6 weeks for Andrew and Amanda. I think that our bodies just react differently to different pregnancies? (If I were you I would probably run out and grab an over-the-counter test to be sure ) Wouldn't that be a surprise!!!!!!!!!!

I did have cramping when I nursed. I don't remember it lasting up to 5 months though...maybe you should go and see your OB?

Kris

Comment

Kaaren,

Kris

Comment

Working...
                  X