Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bed for Newborns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you can scan your ultrasound? I wanna see

We bought a run-of-the mill crib, but to be honest, Jennifer...and I know others will disagree with me...we very much believe in the "family bed"...and our children never slept a night in their cribs. They were more for show than anything, and we didn't even bother to get another crib when Alex was born.

Our kids still sleep with us, and we cherish this time, because it won't last much longer.

Kris

Comment

We bought a run-of-the mill crib, but to be honest, Jennifer...and I know others will disagree with me...we very much believe in the "family bed"...and our children never slept a night in their cribs. They were more for show than anything, and we didn't even bother to get another crib when Alex was born.

Our kids still sleep with us, and we cherish this time, because it won't last much longer.

Kris

Comment

Kris

Comment

Hi Kristen! Please don't be offended,i think you all in the same bed is nice but i worry about what that can do to a husband-wife relationship.Do you understand what i mean?I'm afraid with all the kids in the bed how can the couple reconnect and become more intimate when you have kids in the bed?Specially when us spouse don't even see our husbands as much as most spouses do i think that alone in the bed together....with no kids is VERY important to the relationship.It can be a time to cuddle,talk,share intimate feelings and mostly the sexual part of it.It's a way to reconnect with each other after days of being apart,maybe even weeks apart for some. When you have all the kids in the bed with you,you miss the chance to have all the closeness you need to bring back all those loving feelings.My sister in law did the same thing and now that her son his older her and her spouse STILL don't sleep together and their whole relationship is really,really terrrible.Also it is impossible for her to get her son to sleep alone now.I think that will be hard when your kids get to that point if they;ve never slept alone.Kristen i wonder if you and your hubby started sleeping along together again if it mite not bring you closer together?I bet he would really like the idea of what a nite alone with you would be like....and will be like everynite.It's something he may think about all day and maybe be so happy to come home that he can't wait for bedtime to come!If nothing else it will certainly bring you both closer to each other again.Have you thought of trying it??Plz don't be offended sweetie...i just want you to be a happy women....VERY happy!LOL

Lynn

Comment

Hi Kristen! Please don't be offended,i think you all in the same bed is nice but i worry about what that can do to a husband-wife relationship.Do you understand what i mean?I'm afraid with all the kids in the bed how can the couple reconnect and become more intimate when you have kids in the bed?Specially when us spouse don't even see our husbands as much as most spouses do i think that alone in the bed together....with no kids is VERY important to the relationship.It can be a time to cuddle,talk,share intimate feelings and mostly the sexual part of it.It's a way to reconnect with each other after days of being apart,maybe even weeks apart for some. When you have all the kids in the bed with you,you miss the chance to have all the closeness you need to bring back all those loving feelings.My sister in law did the same thing and now that her son his older her and her spouse STILL don't sleep together and their whole relationship is really,really terrrible.Also it is impossible for her to get her son to sleep alone now.I think that will be hard when your kids get to that point if they;ve never slept alone.Kristen i wonder if you and your hubby started sleeping along together again if it mite not bring you closer together?I bet he would really like the idea of what a nite alone with you would be like....and will be like everynite.It's something he may think about all day and maybe be so happy to come home that he can't wait for bedtime to come!If nothing else it will certainly bring you both closer to each other again.Have you thought of trying it??Plz don't be offended sweetie...i just want you to be a happy women....VERY happy!LOL

Lynn

Comment

Lynn

Comment

Well, there are more places to do it than the bed teehee. Actually, we are quite creative which can be rather interesting....of course, I appreciate the interest, Lynn

Kris

Comment

Well, there are more places to do it than the bed teehee. Actually, we are quite creative which can be rather interesting....of course, I appreciate the interest, Lynn

Kris

Comment

Kris

Comment

We went to look at baby stuff this weekend. I have never been into a Babies R Us before. How overwhelming! They have so much stuff in those places. A new mom like me does not know where to start. haha.

It was interesting to talk about this stuff with my husband and his parents who were visiting for the weekend. I saw those baby beds which fit next to an adult bed, serve as a portable play pen/bed. What about those changing tables that double as a bath tub. I am amazed. haha

I think it is very easy to have your children sleep with you as newborns and later because when they wake up you are tired too. Of course they probably find comfort in being close to their parents. When I was a child, I would try to sleep with my parents and they told me I couldn't and had to sleep on the floor if anything. So I did. My brother was sneaky enough to climb in my parent's bed without them knowing. Why didn't I try that? haha. A couple of my friends have a "family bed" and they like it. I don't think I would sleep well with all those people in a bed.

I would be afraid to have my baby sleep with me because I have heard of kids rolling off the bed or even rolling over them. My husband moves so much when he sleeps that he is afraid to have the baby with us too. He doesn't even want one of those beds that attach to yours. So many decisions!

Jennifer
                      Needs

Comment

We went to look at baby stuff this weekend. I have never been into a Babies R Us before. How overwhelming! They have so much stuff in those places. A new mom like me does not know where to start. haha.

It was interesting to talk about this stuff with my husband and his parents who were visiting for the weekend. I saw those baby beds which fit next to an adult bed, serve as a portable play pen/bed. What about those changing tables that double as a bath tub. I am amazed. haha

I think it is very easy to have your children sleep with you as newborns and later because when they wake up you are tired too. Of course they probably find comfort in being close to their parents. When I was a child, I would try to sleep with my parents and they told me I couldn't and had to sleep on the floor if anything. So I did. My brother was sneaky enough to climb in my parent's bed without them knowing. Why didn't I try that? haha. A couple of my friends have a "family bed" and they like it. I don't think I would sleep well with all those people in a bed.

I would be afraid to have my baby sleep with me because I have heard of kids rolling off the bed or even rolling over them. My husband moves so much when he sleeps that he is afraid to have the baby with us too. He doesn't even want one of those beds that attach to yours. So many decisions!

Jennifer
                        Needs

Comment

Jennifer
                          Needs

Comment

Working...
                          X