Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Braxton Hicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braxton Hicks

What exactly do Braxton Hicks contractions feel like and when did you first remember experiencing them? I read that they can occur after week 20. I think I had one last week, but not sure.

Jennifer
    Needs

What exactly do Braxton Hicks contractions feel like and when did you first remember experiencing them? I read that they can occur after week 20. I think I had one last week, but not sure.

Jennifer
    Needs

Comment

Jennifer
      Needs

Comment

For me,braxton hicks were similar to regular contractions, just not as intense. My uterus would contract and get a bit harder and then it would subside. I had these a few times throughout all three of my pregnancies. I remember them being more towards the end than at 20 weeks. I would say if you have something like that happen you might still want to call your OB just to be sure....

Kris

Comment

For me,braxton hicks were similar to regular contractions, just not as intense. My uterus would contract and get a bit harder and then it would subside. I had these a few times throughout all three of my pregnancies. I remember them being more towards the end than at 20 weeks. I would say if you have something like that happen you might still want to call your OB just to be sure....

Kris

Comment

Kris

Comment

I did ask my Ob/Gyn about the possible contractions at my appt yesterday. He acknowledged that they can happen at my stage of pregnancy (24 weeks)and he thought it was normal. He said my uterus is practicing for the real thing.

As long as the baby stays put until I am term than I don't mind these contractions.

jennifer
              Needs

Comment

I did ask my Ob/Gyn about the possible contractions at my appt yesterday. He acknowledged that they can happen at my stage of pregnancy (24 weeks)and he thought it was normal. He said my uterus is practicing for the real thing.

As long as the baby stays put until I am term than I don't mind these contractions.

jennifer
                Needs

Comment

jennifer
                  Needs

Comment

I was always so nervous during my pregnancies that something might go wrong until I hit the 7 month period....I think that I probably pestered the heck out of my OB ....better safe than sorry, I guess!

I am glad your pregnancy is going so well! You are more than half-way there now, aren't you? You must be getting so excited.....

Kris

Comment

I was always so nervous during my pregnancies that something might go wrong until I hit the 7 month period....I think that I probably pestered the heck out of my OB ....better safe than sorry, I guess!

I am glad your pregnancy is going so well! You are more than half-way there now, aren't you? You must be getting so excited.....

Kris

Comment

Kris

Comment

I experienced Braxton Hicks early in my pregnancy as well, and must admit having run to my midwife for reassurance. She told me to get in the bathtub and if they stopped then they weren't "real" contractions...well, we can just take that with a grain of salt, can't we!

Comment

I experienced Braxton Hicks early in my pregnancy as well, and must admit having run to my midwife for reassurance. She told me to get in the bathtub and if they stopped then they weren't "real" contractions...well, we can just take that with a grain of salt, can't we!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X