Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Knocked up ( 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

•  Knocked up ( 1

Is anyone else here pregnant or thinking of having a child soon? All pregnancies are different I am told. The first time is definitely a rollercoaster experience.

Last week I was freaking out that I was too big. Now I am freaking out that I am not big enough. I am tall so I hide it well I guess. Someone five weeks ahead of me gained 25 lbs by week 28 and I had gained 12 at 23 weeks.

I am nuts.

Jennifer
    Needs

Is anyone else here pregnant or thinking of having a child soon? All pregnancies are different I am told. The first time is definitely a rollercoaster experience.

Last week I was freaking out that I was too big. Now I am freaking out that I am not big enough. I am tall so I hide it well I guess. Someone five weeks ahead of me gained 25 lbs by week 28 and I had gained 12 at 23 weeks.

I am nuts.

Jennifer
    Needs

Comment

I am nuts.

Jennifer
      Needs

Comment

I have to answer this one first Actually, I have spaghetti on, so I have to get offline in a second. I am thinking about having #4, Jennifer...my husband is a bit more hesitant...well, perhaps he is being the realistic one? I would say that all of my pregnancies had their roller coaster moments and the "too big" "too small" issue came up pretty often too. Particularly the "too big" issue ...but there was always the concern there "is the baby growing enough", etc. etc.

I think that I was more nervous during my first pregnancy, and more excited....my whole focus was basically surviving labor and delivery. I was able to enjoy my subsequent pregnancies more because I wasn't focused on what might happen during delivery....and I had the goal of babyhood and parenting to look towards. I was REALLY nervous about delivering the first go-round, which I think is pretty normal.

Have you made your birthing plan yet

spaghettti's gonna burn....more later...

Kris

Comment

I have to answer this one first Actually, I have spaghetti on, so I have to get offline in a second. I am thinking about having #4, Jennifer...my husband is a bit more hesitant...well, perhaps he is being the realistic one? I would say that all of my pregnancies had their roller coaster moments and the "too big" "too small" issue came up pretty often too. Particularly the "too big" issue ...but there was always the concern there "is the baby growing enough", etc. etc.

I think that I was more nervous during my first pregnancy, and more excited....my whole focus was basically surviving labor and delivery. I was able to enjoy my subsequent pregnancies more because I wasn't focused on what might happen during delivery....and I had the goal of babyhood and parenting to look towards. I was REALLY nervous about delivering the first go-round, which I think is pretty normal.

Kris

Comment

Kris

Comment

Hope you didn't burn the "sgetti". We have three too, and I have thought about a fourth as well...but the reality of my three usually brings me back to my senses

Comment

Hope you didn't burn the "sgetti". We have three too, and I have thought about a fourth as well...but the reality of my three usually brings me back to my senses

Comment

Comment

Nope...didn't burn the "sgetti" (I like that!)....I know what you mean though about reality sort of jumping in there. I have those warm, fuzzy, estrogen surges telling me that my littlest is getting toooo big...and then the three of them gang up and tear apart the house and start fighting...and it does sort of bring me back down to reality...but I still ask myself....am I REALLY done?

Kris

Comment

Nope...didn't burn the "sgetti" (I like that!)....I know what you mean though about reality sort of jumping in there. I have those warm, fuzzy, estrogen surges telling me that my littlest is getting toooo big...and then the three of them gang up and tear apart the house and start fighting...and it does sort of bring me back down to reality...but I still ask myself....am I REALLY done?

Kris

Comment

Kris

Comment

Dave & I feel really behind because we're one of the only ones of our close friends that don't have kids. We think we're ready, though, but still feeling a little scared about it. The fear comes as much from knowing what an incredible responsibility it is to wondering what it will be like to have a child while he is still in med school. Of course there is the financial concern, especially since we'll be living in a place that is so expensive, but there is also the concern about Dave being able to be an involved father. We will probably start trying once we get moved to NJ. We are a LONG way from family there, which can sometimes be good, depending on which family member it is!

Any words of wisdom to make this any less worrysome?

Oh yeah! Congratulations Jennifer!

Wendy

Comment

Dave & I feel really behind because we're one of the only ones of our close friends that don't have kids. We think we're ready, though, but still feeling a little scared about it. The fear comes as much from knowing what an incredible responsibility it is to wondering what it will be like to have a child while he is still in med school. Of course there is the financial concern, especially since we'll be living in a place that is so expensive, but there is also the concern about Dave being able to be an involved father. We will probably start trying once we get moved to NJ. We are a LONG way from family there, which can sometimes be good, depending on which family member it is!

Wendy

Comment

Wendy

Comment

Working...
                              X