Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Minnesota top 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota top 10

(To fill everyone in, I'm haven't been known as Miss Minnesota pep squad, so this exercise will force me feel positive about my "home". Because my emotions are still kind of strong, I may ramble a bit....)

6. The job market is FANTASTIC. I would have never been able to land such a dream job that fits my working mom lifestyle anywhere else. In my experience, employers desperately need employees so they are willing to offer benefits like working from home, part time work, more vacation, etc. Plus, I was able to find work that satisfied my need to make a difference in the world. I have heard that other transplanted spouses have found this job market provides better opportunities in their fields as well.

5. A cost of living that is cheaper than....well ....New York and LA

4. The Children's Museum

3. Cheap airline tickets out of this place because Minneapolis a major airport. (I know, this doesn't REALLY count.)

2. My hubby loves the program here.

1. Minnesota summers at one of the 10,000 lakes, parks, festivals... (It is just that 6 months of winter that I have a problem with...)

O.K. This WAS hard but I do feel better. Thanks Kris!

In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

(To fill everyone in, I'm haven't been known as Miss Minnesota pep squad, so this exercise will force me feel positive about my "home". Because my emotions are still kind of strong, I may ramble a bit....)

6. The job market is FANTASTIC. I would have never been able to land such a dream job that fits my working mom lifestyle anywhere else. In my experience, employers desperately need employees so they are willing to offer benefits like working from home, part time work, more vacation, etc. Plus, I was able to find work that satisfied my need to make a difference in the world. I have heard that other transplanted spouses have found this job market provides better opportunities in their fields as well.

4. The Children's Museum

3. Cheap airline tickets out of this place because Minneapolis a major airport. (I know, this doesn't REALLY count.)

1. Minnesota summers at one of the 10,000 lakes, parks, festivals... (It is just that 6 months of winter that I have a problem with...)

Comment

4. The Children's Museum

Comment

I'm getting you started, Kelly (Actually, it will do us both some good)

10. Mosquitos that are potentially carrying the West Nile virus ( I had to add this!)

9. The Mall of America and Snoopyland...it might be a tourist trap, but hey....color me tourist!

8. National State Parks for hiking, boating, camping etc all throughout the state...

7. No tax on clothing items!!!!!!!! (Not that any of us have the money to shop right now...but if we could....)

Comment

10. Mosquitos that are potentially carrying the West Nile virus ( I had to add this!)

9. The Mall of America and Snoopyland...it might be a tourist trap, but hey....color me tourist!

8. National State Parks for hiking, boating, camping etc all throughout the state...

7. No tax on clothing items!!!!!!!! (Not that any of us have the money to shop right now...but if we could....)

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X