Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Match Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Days

First of all, I must be the world's worst member of this website. Every now and then I post about 3 or 4 things and then go weeks without even looking at the site... please forgive me, but I'm so glad you're all here when I need you... I feel like such a user...

Anyway, how did everyone's match go? I know they were all on different dates. My DH just matched last week for his cardiothoracic fellowship and got his first choice, so we are very excited!! A piece of good news amidst all the crap...

I'd love to hear from other people, especially surgery specialties. Hope it went well for everyone!

First of all, I must be the world's worst member of this website. Every now and then I post about 3 or 4 things and then go weeks without even looking at the site... please forgive me, but I'm so glad you're all here when I need you... I feel like such a user...

Anyway, how did everyone's match go? I know they were all on different dates. My DH just matched last week for his cardiothoracic fellowship and got his first choice, so we are very excited!! A piece of good news amidst all the crap...

I'd love to hear from other people, especially surgery specialties. Hope it went well for everyone!

Comment

Comment

Where are you going????

Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Where are you going????

Luanne
          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Where are you going????

Luanne
            Luanne

Comment

OK- Number one thing to remember here-

There are no rules. If you need us, we're here. There's no required number of posts, additions, communiques, etc.

So, that said, welcome back from your brief respite and congrats on matching where you wanted to go. and that place is.....?

Jenn

Comment

There are no rules. If you need us, we're here. There's no required number of posts, additions, communiques, etc.

So, that said, welcome back from your brief respite and congrats on matching where you wanted to go. and that place is.....?

Jenn

Comment

Jenn

Comment

Well, we're staying put in the same program we have been in for general surgery. I still don't feel comfortable saying where we are (yes, I'm paranoid) - I mean there are only 3 spots in ct surgery in this program each year, so it makes it pretty easy to narrow down who I am if someone wanted to find out. It's one of the major academic programs.

Comment

Well, we're staying put in the same program we have been in for general surgery. I still don't feel comfortable saying where we are (yes, I'm paranoid) - I mean there are only 3 spots in ct surgery in this program each year, so it makes it pretty easy to narrow down who I am if someone wanted to find out. It's one of the major academic programs.

Comment

Comment

I agree---life happens, so feel free to stop by whenever you are able. We all do this to varying degrees. This is a website by medical spouses for medical spouses...We understand that life happens!

BTW, Congrats on getting your first choice. Where are you going? Perhaps someone on the boards is already living in that area and can help you out.

You are going to be a PGY5 this year, is that correct??? You have survived! We are merely PGY3 as of July 1. Nonetheless, I must admit that I am VERY happy to have some water under the bridge. Word has it that we have the hardest years of gen surgery residency behind us. We just finished a week of Q2 so I'm about at my boiling point right now. God grant me the serenity to ride this out and not let us get into another sleep deprived, stress-induced meaningless spat. Luckily, it will be Q4 for the rest of the month and then two months of an "easier" rotation.

Anyway, glad you stopped in! Keep us posted.

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I agree---life happens, so feel free to stop by whenever you are able. We all do this to varying degrees. This is a website by medical spouses for medical spouses...We understand that life happens!

BTW, Congrats on getting your first choice. Where are you going? Perhaps someone on the boards is already living in that area and can help you out.

You are going to be a PGY5 this year, is that correct??? You have survived! We are merely PGY3 as of July 1. Nonetheless, I must admit that I am VERY happy to have some water under the bridge. Word has it that we have the hardest years of gen surgery residency behind us. We just finished a week of Q2 so I'm about at my boiling point right now. God grant me the serenity to ride this out and not let us get into another sleep deprived, stress-induced meaningless spat. Luckily, it will be Q4 for the rest of the month and then two months of an "easier" rotation.

Kelly

Comment

Kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X