Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How do you take care of yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you take care of yourself?

I was talking with some other SAHMs about the things that we do to meet our own needs and heard some interesting replies....

I go to Curves every morning after I get my oldest off to school and work out for 30 minutes...this is really my only ME time and I enjoy it immensely...the exercise, other moms, etc...it's really nice.

I also give myself 1 hour/day to check message boards on diff. sites including this one....which is a fun way to communicate or throw about ideas...

I take distance ed courses from diff. universities to have a fun goal to work on when the kids are in bed....

anyone else?

Kris

I cruise the net in two "spurts" during the day.
    I workout as soon as the kids go to bed.
    I buy myself really nice energy bars (the kids don't get them, they are MY treat).
    I try to get out of the house (leave the kids with myhusband) a few times a week to just be alone (go to the mall, go to the fabric store, or even just run errands).

Jennifer

Comment

I don't have kids but when I do, the one thing I would want to do is sit in bed at night for a minimum of 20 minutes and read a book!

Comment

I put my kids in preschool (once they are about a year old) two or three days a week.

I have hired a college student for five hours of sitting a week. I set up with her when I want her to come and she can count on a set amount of money each week.

I read all the time (travel books are great!) and go to the library every couple of weeks to keep my "habit" supplied.

My husband and I use the babysitter to go out to dinner once a week (I know this sounds like a marriage thing, but it really boosts my mood to get out with him alone -- it makes me feel like an interesting adult instead of a nursing, cooking, cleaning, laundry-doing drone).

Every once in a while, if my husband is home and not on call, I just tell him I am going to the mall or whatever and I go and walk around and try to "find myself" -- this usually happens after I have been cooped up with sick kids for a few days.

Comment

I'm sorry to revive this..I was just rereading the posts and there really is some good advice here. Sally, I'm going to call the local universities today and find out what I can do about getting someone for a couple of hours a week for the summer. I feel so much better when I just have a short break for myself.

Yesterday afternoon, Thomas sent me upstairs to take a nap (I was just so grouchy) and when I came down I felt sooooo much better! It really made a difference and I think part of it was just having the opportunity to be by myself for awhile !

Kris

Comment

Working...
          X