Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Just gotta tell ya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just gotta tell ya

You go, Jenn!! When Jon and I went to Boston a few weeks ago I left my three older kids (5, 3 and 3) with my sister who is married without kids and has a full-time job. She did beautifully and I have my suspicions that they all like Aunt Adrienne much better than boring old Mommy! I'll bet those kids you watched had a blast with you!

Jennifer

I baby sat my friend's three kids this weekend while she did the Avon breast cancer three day walk in Boston (and we had 4 inches of SNOW!). Her kids were so well behaved and had such a great sense of who they are and what their responsibilities are to themselves and to each other.

I don't know if it's because she's a SAHM, but at least for their situtation, it worked! Of course the funny thing was that all of the other SAHMs in the neighborhood couldn't believe that I was able and willing to step and take over for a weekend. There was definitely a "oh is she going to be able to handle it" thing going on at the bus stop on Friday morning. My friend said it was because these ladies 1) hadn't even thought to volunteer to watch her kids 2) felt threatened that a 'career' person such as myself was able to step in and take over for 4 days. Oh well.

So, for those of you who do it- feel good about the job that you do! I'm not sure that I could do it on a full-time basis! It was a lot of fun but jeez- I get to take a coffee break and have adult conversation! Pat yourselves on the back!!

Jenn

Comment

Yeah, well the brownie sundaes and "build your own pizzas" didn't hurt either! (interactive food is always a hit, I've found!)

Jenn

Comment

So.........can I be next? I promise they won't be too much trouble...well, ok, there WAS that incident where my mom was thrown out of the laundromat because they were throwing their french fries...but....really...I think they're past that now

Kris

Comment

I live closer to you than Kris!
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Anytime ladies-

Just leave me grocery money and a blockbuster card and I'm good to go. Add in the car and a gas card and I'm set!!

Jenn

Comment

Wait,for the next five weeks *I* live closest to you!!! (Just four and a half hour drive )Nananabooboo you guys! I get Jenn first!!!

Jennifer

Comment

Working...
              X