Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Awesome Organizational Tip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Organizational Tip!

Ok..I've been meaning to write this for awhile. I have been doing quite a bit in terms of organizing (it definately feels good to unclutter) but I have had a hard time organizing some of the finer things....and I saw this special where a woman was talking about her own personal system...I can't remember her name, or I'd give credit where credit is due...this is NOT my idea.

She suggested getting a hanging file folder with enough folders for 12 months and 31 days...ie a total of 43 folders. It seems complicated at first, but what she does to start is place all incoming papers and to-do things simply in the proper month folder..ie bills, etc that are due at a certain time. Then when that month rolls around, she places each bill, permission slip, etc in the appropriate day folder...and has herself organized for the whole month...As things come in for the next month, she throws each paper directly into the next months folder...and at the end of the month, she just sorts them into the right days...and off she goes.

I got file folders a couple of weeks ago and I'm at the beginning phases...but you should see how clear our desk is...and I KNOW where all of those itty bitty pieces of paper are where I wrote down a phone number, etc....

I just wanted to pass this along.

Kris
    Edited by: kmmath at: 8/7/02 7:15:30 pm

My grandmother actually does this! I always thought it was a good idea, but I am not that coordinated!

Thanks for the tip.

Jennifer
    Needs

Comment

I'm sure I would fail at this one......I have all these file folders, cabinets, cases and letter boxes yet no matter what I buy nothing seems to make the piles of paper jump from the desk into them I think the weak link in my system is me! Oh my.....

Comment

Oh man! I'd totally get overwhelmed by that system! I read that the woman who started flylady.net started out that way and it didn't work for her so she started doing what became the flylady method of housework. But, if you have finally found what works for you - WOOOOOHOOOOO! Isn't it a great feeling to feel in control of your life and home?

Jennfier

Comment

I used to work in a newsroom as a night producer and that is how we separated news stories...and hey, if it can work in the chaos of a newsroom, it can work in the chaos of a home!!!!!!!! (Especially MINE!!!!)

Comment

Jennifer,
            Are you a Flybaby? I just joined that website for the 2nd time (got a little off track after baby #2 arrived) and it is slowly changing my life. The one load a day laundry method has been the biggest help, since I tend to wait until it is totally backed up.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I'm a Flybaby! And that doesn't mean I'm a maggot to the rest of you non-Flyladies!!! My laundry has been revolutionized!! As I write my house and kitchen are CLEAN! And, I am sane - ahhhhh....

Jennifer

Comment

Working...
              X