Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

somewhere between hysterical laughter and hysterical tears

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: somewhere between hysterical laughter and hysterical tears

Well today is day 2 of fasting. It is the month of Ramadan for Muslims (children are exempt until puberty). It's not too bad ; we(the adults) get up around 4 to eat breakfast and to drink plenty of fluids. We break our fast a little bit before 7:00pm. Each day the time is a little shorter. Since yesterday was labor day and DH was home, he cooked supper! It was delicious!

For the rest of the month, I will take care of getting the kids fed and in their jammies, while SIL prepares dinner for the adults! I will however do Fri night cooking, since the kids usually stay up late. After school we will decorate the stair case w/ some white holiday lights. I was going to string them up around the family room fireplace, but since the light above the stairs burnt out a couple of days ago (and I really don/t want to go through the hassle of changing it) I decided that the soft illumination will suffice for trips downstairs during night.

After the month of fasting, we have 3 days of celebration for breaking the fast (Eid Al Fitr). We all attend a special prayer service then it's back home to "whoop"it up! During these days, gifts are given & there are parties for the kiddos. The house is usually filled w/special sweets & food! The kids and I will go shopping to buy toys for needy children, to be dropped off at one of the Mosques.

This year for the children I ordered a slew of books from Scholastic.The teacher will hold onto them and give them to me in private. I will make special gift boxes for each child and fill them w/books! DS1 wants a kid's digital camera, DD1 wants art supplies (large sketch pad and pastels), DD2 wants Ariel DVDs and I'm not sure what we'll get the baby. I told DH I want a Bose wave system and he said he's thinking about a Wii for a family gift.

Comment

Re: somewhere between hysterical laughter and hysterical tears

Quick update!
      Hi all..miss you!

I have been scarce, due to all of the visitors: my MIL, FIL & SIL are all here for a few months! (visiting from Syria).

It's not so bad...@ least I am off the hook for cooking !!

Having so many, in what we thought was a decent sized home has given us a reason to bargain hunt for a bigger house. It's sooo much nicer having the luxury of a buyers market. We purchased our current home after it had been on the market for 3 hours (and we only got it because we offered 2,000 over the asking price). We now can look around and wait and see if what we like & want will go lower. It's amazing how many price reduced notices we get from our realtor.

I have yet to to drive our new set of wheels...I sware I will need to read the manuel, because I forgot everything the sales person taught us, when she did the tutorial /test drive w/ us. The damn garage door is broke again...Dh has finally conceded that we need to have it replaced...hopefully it will be fixed by the weekend!

We ordered new Pottery Barn Kids bedroom furniture for the children! We need to paint the girls room, a pale grren or yellow shade. I am leaning pale green...who knows!?

oops I have to run and pick up DS...I'll add more later!

Comment

Working...
      X