Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

MDPhDWife May Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDPhDWife May Challenge

Last night I walked on the beach for an hour, not sure how many calories I burned....
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Today I did the elliptical machine for a total of 40 minutes and burned 296 calories.

Comment

I've been keeping track, but just got lazy posting while we were out of town. So here's my catch up:

5/3: Walked for 2 hours
      5/4: Elliptical for 40 minutes and weight lifting for 30 minutes
      5/7: Walked for 2.5 hours
      5/9: Walked for 1 hour
      5/10: Tennis for 1 hour

Now I'm recommited to logging on a daily basis on loseit!

Comment

Today I played another hour of tennis. Cancun is only 3.5 weeks away, so I need to hustle!

Comment

Today was a good day exercise wise. Played tennis for an hour and then ran for 30 minutes. Total exercise today: 90 minutes!

Comment

Today I played tennis for 65 minutes, ran on the treadmill for 35 minutes, and then did circuit training (pushups/situps) for 20 minutes. Total exercise today: 120 minutes.

Comment

Spend 30 minutes on the treadmill today and only 5 minutes doing situps since I'm still sore from yesterday. Total of 35 minutes today.

Comment

I need to step it up since Cancun is only a couple weeks away and I cheated a lot this weekend celebrating DH's graduation & my sister's birthday. I did 60 minutes of treadmill intervals and 20 minutes of weight lifting. I'm exhausted! Total 80 minutes of exercise.

Comment

5/24- 35 minutes doing treadmill intervals
                  5/25-38 minutes doing treadmill intervals

Comment

Last night I forced myself to get on the treadmill for 34 minutes. Then I spent another 10 minutes doing crunches. Total exercise for 5/26: 44 minutes.

Comment

Just tallied my running total and it's actually more than I thought! So far, 1062 minutes for the month of May. Not bad for someone who was living a pretty sedentary lifestyle a couple months ago and for being out of town for 6 days. This is helping me remember to give myself some credit every now and then and to reward the small victories.

I'm contemplating replacing the girls annual summer swimming lessons with tennis lessons this year. While browsing the website for that, I noticed there's some adult lessons being offered. It's only $40 for two weeks, but when I add in the $30 for each of the girls, I'm looking at $100. It's not really all that much money, but I'm still not entirely sure when to expect DH's first residency paycheck to arrive. I'll have to look at the budget a little more closely to see if we can swing it. Funny how I would've cut the check without a second thought for the girls lessons, but when I added mine into the scenario, it became a "splurge". Ugh, I know residency isn't going to be easy and it's certainly not a lot of money, but it's definitely got to be better than this right? If I'm wrong, please tell me sweet little lies.

Comment

Yesterday I spent 35 minutes doing intervals on the treadmill as well as 25 lifting weights.

Running Total: 1122 minutes

Comment

You're a rockstar!!!
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                            You're a rockstar!!!
                            Aww, thanks Laurie! I wasn't feeling it tonight. You made my day!

I procrastinated my workout all day today and then tonight, I really didn't wanna do it. DH inspired me by working out himself, so I walked on the treadmill for just a half hour. I didn't burn as many calories as I usually do, but I'm glad I did something.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Running total: 1152

Comment

Yesterday DH & I played doubles tennis for a little over 2 hours with my sister & her fiance. We won both sets!

Running total: 1272 minutes.

Today we're at an amusement park ALL DAY, so not sure if I'll have the energy to do a legitimate workout later tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X