Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

oceanchild May Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oceanchild May Challenge

Worth a shot, right? Busy month, but I appreciate the accountability.

5/1 - 1 hour walk in the cold
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

5/4 - 1 hour zumba class (5:45am!) at the rec center
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

5/5 - 20 min lunch-break walk (meh)

Comment

My exercise this week has consisted of frantically running up and down the steps in the capitol many, many times. I guess it's better than sitting at my desk all day.

Comment

5/17 - 30 minutes of hand weight work

Comment

After 3 thwarted attempts in a row at drop-in fitness classes, I finally broke down and bought a gym membership. I'd still rather do the classes and work out outside, but this will give me more options.

5/18 - 40 minutes on the stationary bike + 35 minutes circuit training = 1 hour, 15 minutes

Total so far: a measly 225 minutes

Comment

Hey, any amount helps! Great job!!!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Thanks. This has been a lousy month for me on the exercise front. But I really like reading what everyone else is up to... ideas and inspiration!

Comment

5/21 - 45 min run/walk just under 3 miles (5 min walk, 15 min jog, 5 min walk, 15 min jog, 5 min walk)
                  5/22 - 70 min bike (biked to church - about 10 miles)

Comment

5/25 - 70 min biking (to and from my softball game - about 5 miles each way - plus 20 minutes tooling around the park because I got there faster than I expected)
                    + the softball game (minimal exercise) + helped DH with yard work - giving myself an extra 30 min to account for some of that

Comment

Total so far: 440 minutes

Comment

We went camping this weekend.

5/28 - 5 hours of the hardest hike I've ever done. 3 miles up with about 1000 feet elevation change, about a mile down, then another two miles back up (don't know the elevation change, but it was steep!), and another mile or so down. Beautiful area, and we saw a bear.
                        5/29 - 1 hour of simpler hiking around the park.

Comment

So that puts me at 800 minutes for the month. I know I'm not going to get anything in today.

Comment

Working...
                          X